Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    You are E10 with a sinlge MPAN but how were we to know that ?. There's many thousands like you in the group. Your setup does not apply to many / all. I don't patronise.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Apoorwoman
    Apoorwoman Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My neighbour has just told me today that she has signed up for these Fischer heaters following a consultation with one of their engineers!

She was quoted £19,000 for eleven of them and to have a timer fitted to her immersion heater. He agreed to give her a discount of £2,000 if she paid him a deposit - which she did. She was also to switch her electricity supplier to them as it would be a lot cheaper.

I thought I would just check them out of here and am now very worried for her and don't know what to say to her or even if it is any of my business :eek:
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Get her to go immediately to Citizens advice with a view to getting the contract cancelled and deposit refunded.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Involve the police, especially if you were told it was an investment. If you paid by credit then involve the credit company. Contact age concern.
  • xinstaller
    Options
    The latest review of todays date on trustpilot is absolutely FAKE. With the weather we are enjoying, the heaters were switched on according to the review...more like fake news. Almost all these reviews are about how well the installers left the place clean. Nobody ever talks about how expensive they are to run. Fischer should invite real reviews from genuine customers to share their bills rather than allow fake reviews on trustpilot. My team have investigated all the review on trustpilot and conclude them to be fake. A meeting was held with facebook to run an ad campaign to reject fake news. Always remember fischer heaters are more expensive to run as you are required to leave them on constantly. If you turn them off then you are using them against fischer instruction. You only have to look on eBay to see how quickly people try to get rid of them.:T
  • jcontest
    jcontest Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 August 2018 at 1:15AM
    Options
    This is a minty fresh topic, how I have missed it all these years!..
    And why does someone want this "report"...
    The total power input to the Fischer Storage Heater during the 16 hour test period was 14.05kWh; therefore the Fischer Heater uses 14.05kWh over 16 hours = 0.87 kW per hour
    It delivered 14.05 kW of heat by using 14.05 kWh of power.. Not sure anyone should need a certified test to show proof of an electrical heater doing that ;P...

I have under-floor electric heating in my kitchen. It's expensive.

These types of heaters have a use, but not for most people, and not for £2000+ for each one (what is that about??).
  • xinstaller
    Options
    The report is to create confusion and add another badge to their website. What a company should be doing is offering and unconditional refund to their customers if these figures and savings are not met. It should say FULL REFUND if you do not save. These heaters cost no more than £300 landed in the uk. I want to see government do more and step in to save vulnerable people. The cooling of period should start only once the heaters are delivered and fully installed. I am sure these companies should have no problem in extending the cooling off period unless they have something to HIDE.:T
  • Apoorwoman
    Apoorwoman Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I rang my neighbour immediately I read this forum and told her to cancel while she was still within the cooling off period. This she did by phone and by writing. She phoned them yesterday and they confirmed that 'cancelled' was written across her order. She requested that her deposit be refunded and was told to ring again on Monday.

It would seem that this 'Salesman' asked her how much deposit she could pay! She paid £6,000 by debit card :eek:

Will let you know the outcome and thank you all for your help.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Apoorwoman wrote: »
    It would seem that this 'Salesman' asked her how much deposit she could pay! She paid £6,000 by debit card :eek:

Will let you know the outcome and thank you all for your help.

Some debit cards, I think Visa is one, allow you to cancel, like a credit card. Worth checking out?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback