MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
Read the full story:
'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    23/4/18 @ 18.46 hours, I accessed my TSB current account on my iphone using the mobile banking app, and no issues for me whatsoever. ;)
  • Lucky you I can't access my TSB account.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    @ Callum
    Hope you'll remember to change the title of this thread when TSB on-line starts working again..
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    2.50pm Tuesday - still unable to log in to online banking, either through the app or on computer. Distinctly unimpressed!! We use this account to feed our Paypal account for hubby's business - if he can't pay suppliers, he loses work!!
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Cheapskate wrote: »
    2.50pm Tuesday - still unable to log in to online banking, either through the app or on computer. Distinctly unimpressed!! We use this account to feed our Paypal account for hubby's business - if he can't pay suppliers, he loses work!!
    Never rely on just one bank account. Have at least two, with different financial institutions, or some other alternative source of cash.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    For us it's only savings account for us, but if this carries on well into next month they will take current account money at 3% to pay a standing order to a savings account paying 2%, which is normally externally funded.
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    colsten wrote: »
    Never rely on just one bank account. Have at least two, with different financial institutions, or some other alternative source of cash.

We can find another way around it, it's just going to mean some work tonight! More concerned that we can't check whether the a/c will go overdrawn as we can't feed money into it.
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2018 at 1:12AM
    colsten wrote: »

Totally Agree.

I learnt this the hard way in the 90's, when I could not access my money from my only current account. I used to work late. When I went to my then bank atm after work, I was unable to get any money because the bank was 'balancing the banks accounts'.

Now I have 2 current accounts, 2 credit card and access to cash from 2 saving accounts, all with different providers. If a problem occurs like the TSB fiasco, I can at least pay by an alternative source.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just logged on this morning and TSB online banking is now working fine.

Hope I've not spoken too soon ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport