* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• HappyLassie13
    Options
    i had noticed Matalan being a bit pricey at the moment too, although there are a few things i am wanting so hopefully there will be reductions soon.

I got some great presents last year for kids in their boxing day sale.
  • junior_j
    junior_j Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi lovely people,

I live in waterlooville near Portsmouth , tesco express' are selling Terry's chocolate orange for £1.

I went to the range today , some wherei am not 100% I have been before lol. However it literally felt like I had stepped in to the North Pole , was absolutely Christmas galore , mostly decorations rather than gifts but I felt like a little kid again.

Also if you have little ones the range had a load of different elf on the shelf stuff. Including story books , baby Eli's and things to create the scenes.

I have just come out of hospital again this broken brain of mine loves to remind me it's still there.

I also went to the bank where they upgraded my account and I am near on debt free.

Will keep my eyes peeled for more Xmas stuff.

One more thing... I have no idea about knitting but my mum loves it , any knitting ideas for gifts? I have just brought her a range of different sizes of bamboo knitting needles because she needed some and I like to encourage her to keep to her hobbies.

She also loves anything sloth if anyone has any ideas.
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi JJ,have a look for sloth knitting kits,there must be something with pattern and wool included.Even if you could source a pattern you could get the wool it recommend and make your own kit up.There are knitting groups on FB and a site called Ravelry (sp?) who do knitting patterns,some free downloads.HTH.

Vx
     :
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    junior_j wrote: »
    She also loves anything sloth if anyone has any ideas.

Llama and sloths seem t be really popular at the moment I know my kids area really into them

Primark have a sloth hot water bottle
    matalan have a range of llama/sloth xmas themed stuff I got the fleece but they also do mugs/ coasters/ clothes /bedding/ xmas wrap and even a sloth dressed as an elf so might be worth a look https://www.matalan.co.uk/products/search?q=sloth
    Flyingtiger have quite a bit mostly stationary based not sure if they do online shopping
    the works have quite a bit too https://www.theworks.co.uk/?q=sloth%20&sort=effectivePriceCents%20asc

Brought some nordic snowflake leggings in primark I love them but part of me feels its a little too early to wear them yet as they seem xmassy if that makes sense :undecided
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • lazysheep
    Options
    mandco wrote: »
    Flyingtiger have quite a bit mostly stationary based not sure if they do online shopping

As you're in Waterlooville there is a FlyingTiger store at both Whitely and in Southampton West Quay. I bet you could also find sloth stuff on Etsy!

What sort of knitting does your mum do JJ? If it's clothes you could get some nice buttons/fastenings that she could use?
  • StokieBecks
    Options
    IMG_20180914_142029.jpg

IMG_20180914_142112.jpg

Done these today. Thinking as they are quick and simple that they will be suitable ones to bulk do incase we end up taking some to other half's christmas fayre at school.

Do you think they will be ok? Will probably put a simple verse insert in them too
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2018 at 8:27PM
    Options
    Storkiebecks they are lovely I'm sure they would sell well as long as the price is right

JJ could you make her a knitting hamper? you have the needles already add some wool, embellishments(depending on what she knits) maybe some patterns in a nice box/bag she can use for storage.
    They also do knitting accessory kits really cheap which have things like scissors tape measure in ect or row counters & stitch holders which can all be useful if she doesn't already have them

Asda are slowly adding more xmas stock online mostly clothing at the moment but they have added a load of xmassy duvets today

Little bit annoyed today as ordered dd some stuff from the hollister sale a couple of days ago and today they emailed to say they cancelled most of my order due to no stock :mad:
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • junior_j
    junior_j Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya guys

Thanks for your tips , I think making a sloth/knitting hamper would be pretty personal and unique which is the sort of present style I like.

I went back to work at my part time bar job this evening , I go back to my full time job tomorrow.

My head really isn't behaving.

25 days till I go to Florida, I am so looking forward to it but I am also concerned that my head will cause yet more grief.

Anyway sending hugs to all.
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just caught up on all your ideas and plans, as I've been AWOL for a few days as it's been a bit hectic.

I managed to get some gingerbread matchsticks too! I bought salted caramel and mint too and have stored them away for Christmas.

I had a great win on the clearance in Mr T near me yesterday. They had lots of bottles of ale for 80ish, 60ish and 35p, all with really good dates on that go well into 2019! They'd be at least around £1.50ish each usually. I always buy ales for my dad for Christmas, so I grabbed 5 different ones as I couldn't carry any more back to work. But so pleased I had a check of the clearance shelves. It definitely pays to check it now and again!

I'm waiting for M+S to bring out their Christmas bits on 3 for 2, if anyone spots them going into store or online, please let us know :)

I'm getting my flat valued this morning (2nd valuation this week), so it'll be interesting to see what they say... Then I'm heading off to the shops after that, so fingers crossed I find some more Christmas pressies!

Have a lovely weekend everyone :)
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Expedition in to larger Tesco in Greater Manchester,chocolate oranges £2 !

Went to B N M,none out on shelves yet.Assistant went into store room for me,I got 24 at £1 each. They were putting Christmas decorations out this morning.

Chocolate/sweets tubs 2 for £7 at Tesco.

Stokie,the cards are lovely,I think they will be a hit at a Christmas Fair.

JJ I think a sloth hamper would be a lovely present. Very exciting to have a trip to Florida,Bon Voyage.

Alja a move on the cards?I am looking too in a new location.

Vx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family