bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Friend got it this morning
  • Nala89
    Nala89 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I paid Direct Debit and received £580.06 back on Friday, still owed £343.18 from DD's so hopefully goes in today.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No email or refund for DD yet... :(

I did cancel my direct debit the day they went bump as it was due out two days later. Will this have any effect do you think? I wasn't going to let the bank take another payment! Hope I did the right thing.
  • roogster
    Options
    I just rang them and they said refunds will be ongoing for direct debit customers until 8 tonight
  • bradders1983
    Options
    In the last two weeks there has been a huge misconception that cancelling the DD means you wont be getting a refund, and I have never understood why.

People do realise that money can be put in any bank account solely from the sort code and account number and these details would have been given to set up the DD, yes?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In the last two weeks there has been a huge misconception that cancelling the DD means you wont be getting a refund, and I have never understood why.

People do realise that money can be put in any bank account solely from the sort code and account number and these details would have been given to set up the DD, yes?

I only asked, because every time I switch suppliers for energy, I am always in credit so I cancel my DD, and they always send me a cheque refund never a bank transfer! Also, when people are out of pocket, some quite substantially, it's not a huge misconception, not everyone is aware how banking works and many people are worried.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thats because energy companies are awkward, they have your sort code and account number from time of signup so in theory there is absolutely nothing stopping them making bank credits for balances at the end of an energy tariff.
  • roogster
    Options
    I just had my £2229 refunded. Only just now and I never recieved an email
  • N4t4lie
    N4t4lie Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    roogster wrote: »
    I just had my £2229 refunded. Only just now and I never recieved an email

Good news, happy to hear you got a refund :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories