PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DD's 10th birthday tomorrow so we're taking her to Wagamamas tonight. Tomorrow we will have cake for dinner and on Thursday her granny is taking her to The Ivy. Lucky girl!!!

Lunch will be roasted garlic and butternut squash soup.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lentil Soup with spiced butter for lunch and pasties for supper, spinach and ricotta for me and steak for He Who Knows with some steamed veg, green beans, peas, carrots and sweetcorn. Banana custard with light custard for pud and coffee too.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I have some chestnut mushrooms to use up so I think I'll do mushroom risotto with onions and peas.
    I'll add more veg if I think of anything that takes my fancy.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    purpleybat wrote: »
    tonight for others, and when i'm home from meeting a pal for drinks, i'm going to bung a beef and veg stew in the slowy. cos I won't be here when people want to eat.
    I thought i'd make dumplings and leave them in the kitchen (which is cool) under a damp teatowel for them to bung in when home from work.
    would this work with dumplings or would they be like stones? or worse disintergrate!

I'd stick the dumplings in the fridge (or keep them in the kitchen if it is indeed cool enough) with some cling film over them. Should be fine - I've made them in advance before - not quite so far but give it a whirl...what's the first that can happen? :eek:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IM, your holiday looks fab!

I have a big bowl of chicken meat stripped from the Sunday roast which needs using up, so tonight will be sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice. There's still a bit of homemade cheesecake left for pud.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Doing courgette boats filled with tuna for lunch (got soup out to defrost for tomorrow). Loved the Gusto meal last night. Tonight am doing Caribbean chicken - I think I got it from here or FB. Am getting really adventurous just lately. Bought some kalettes from Lidl and had some steamed last night, more tonight, they are lovely. On special at 69p a big bag.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight we'll be having roast chicken with dauphinoise potatoes and a variety of veg.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Made a curried winter veg soup last night so that will do me & my daughter.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Our last full day here in Cadiz, making the most of the beautiful weather before home tomorrow - tapas, wine and sherry amazing, the history and beautiful views are breathtaking - saving a special meal for tomorrow before we leave :D

5193380_A-20_CC-4_B8_F-810_C-_F450_BA9_CC0_FB.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    OH had some toast and banana when he got in from work.
    I heated up the second half of the rumbledethumps, some oxtail casserole and petit pois.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport