IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal - Any help very much appreciated...

Options

Comments

• didgeridoooo
    Options
    PS, the thing which worries me about doing a Costs Schedule is the messy issue of my situation, namely that I am not on a paid salary, I work for myself (and currently earning very little, no hourly rates that I can quote or prove). It's sure cost me a fortune in lost time and therefore, indirectly, earnings, but it's impossible to quantify it with a £ figure. I thought I may just have to forego LiP costs, other than travel, postage and anything I have receipts for. So when I saw £19 per hour rates for LIP costs, I wasn't sure if that was only if time taken off work, or just a flat rate for time spent on the case. I have spent many hours (perhaps 100, I will check my notes as I noted some of the time down) but I doubt I can claim for that. I will read some past cases to see if anyone else was self-employed without an hourly rate.
    Combatting the pandemic of BWLegal-19, one 'notice of discontinuance' at a time. :-)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    In yours shoes, go for the LiP rate in a BIG way then, but to get that you have to be able to demonstrate that the C has acted 'wholly unreasonably' which is a HIGH BAR to meet.

Search the forum for costs indemnity unreasonableness to find one who succeeded.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • didgeridoooo
    Options
    Thanks CM, I will do that. I need to read a few of those types of threads anyway to find out roughly what sort of hours people claim, and I am sure I have spent many more times as many hours than most, but then they did choose to sue ME didn't they, so it shouldn't matter but i am sure it does!
    Combatting the pandemic of BWLegal-19, one 'notice of discontinuance' at a time. :-)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I think one of the example Costs Schedules is sassii's one, who got over £1500.
  • didgeridoooo
    Options
    WOW! Will certainly have a read of that one then! A one off I am sure, but what a great result!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Do not forget to count your time on here.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    It will be fine to put N/A.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 31 October 2019 at 4:22PM
    Options
    Yes but the Prankster Blogs show you Truro can be OK. You haven't read them yet! i posted links minutes ago, on this thread about another PPC, Armtrac in the west Country:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76444023#post76444023

Bodmin might be better though. Hard to be sure, as the Judges might have sussed Premier Park by now at either of them, or might be clueless...
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Check with the ICO, get it from the horse's mouth.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Quick question which just occurred to me after receiving another SAR pack from BW Illegal - I have had a few of these now and they contain most stuff, but NEVER any communications between BWL and the PPCs. Am I right in thinking a DPA request should include all data they hold which "pertains to me", so that should include their letters/emails/phone recordings where I have even been discussed. I was hoping to see emails between BWL and PPC with fun stuff like "Let's go get him, see if he falls for this...." :D

Just wondered whether I should query that or whether they never do it or don't have to?
    Legally Privileged
    Look it up
    Any discussion between a lawyer and their client that meets this definition you will never see, unless they decide to show it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure