IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal - Any help very much appreciated...

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 January 2020 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Barry Beavis lost in 3 courts , the last one being the Supreme Court

He paid the judgment after the first one , no CCJ

He was never a criminal nor did he get a criminal record

He went back to frying fish and chips as well as assisting others with court claims

Somebody needs a reality check
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 January 2020 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Thank you Beamer, I really appreciate the time you put into that. As does my wife who is really worrying about 'being in court'. I keep telling her this is civil, nobody is a criminal here, but I fear she will need to see it to believe it. I know it's going to be very informal and I am not worried about that side of it. But your words helped so thank you.

I will keep those points strongly in mind.

Your good lady should be worrying for BWL ...... most coming out of a BWLegal case feel sorry for the rep they sent
    I know that the other week, we thought their rep had fallen asleep
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a look at this short video:
  • didgeridoooo
    didgeridoooo Posts: 366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 January 2020 at 8:47PM
    Options
    1. During my read of many threads, I found this comment from Coupon-Mad. She says:

"WS STAGE
    Or if you have already put in a defence, you can use this entire section as a SUPPLEMENTARY WITNESS STATEMENT to accompany your WS 'story of what happened' and your other evidence (of course it will need to start with #1!):"

Then follows a pretty long (but excellent) section of prose which I think she is suggesting we should supplement to our WS. Just want to check if this is old news or still relevant today? It seems like I will end up with another massively long document if I add that as well as my own WS material.

2. I just read this witness statement. CM says it is very good, and I like it too. But many people have said a WS should just be the circumstances, i..e what has been 'witnessed'. This WS appears to go very much into defence points. Is this ok? I was about to trash much of my own draft WS for this reason, but then I read this and it appears that it met with approval of experienced forumites :)
    Combatting the pandemic of BWLegal-19, one 'notice of discontinuance' at a time. :-)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Somebody else has just posted a Supplementary Witness Statement fourteen minutes ago - at 7:44pm.

Copy that.
  • didgeridoooo
    Options
    Thanks KP, I found that.

I am still researching what a "Supplementary" Witness Statement is. I thought there could only be one WS. It seems like this is a new document which is now advised since DJ Grand v CouponMad in Southampton!

I will confirm that by continuing reading threads, but I think it means I do my WS as per normal, then add one like this for some reason which will become clear this evening. Thanks
    Combatting the pandemic of BWLegal-19, one 'notice of discontinuance' at a time. :-)
  • didgeridoooo
    Options
    PS - Having being (rightly) scolded for my terrible trouble with verbosity, I have to be very careful with the length of my WS. My draft is 1900 words (I was amazed I managed to keep it that short!)

I just ran a wordcount on that new WS mentioned above and it is 3647 words, and that's just a supplementary/additional WS! Is this supplementary WS that important to risk annoying the DJ as I have been advised against before, considering the sparse time he/she has to read this stuff prior to hearing?
  • Egbert_Nobacon
    Options
    The driver took her children to visit Falmouth Maritime Museum which was a regular outing.

I wouldn’t mention that this was a regular outing
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely it didn't have two 'e's in judgment? In the legal sense it's spelt with one:
    NOTICE OF PENDING COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT

You need to copy a witness statement that mentions the NCP 0 taxman 1 case (search the forum and use that Court of appeal transcript as an evidence exhibit, that the parking contract begins when the money is paid and the button pressed for the ticket, not before). I recall a couple of people using that really well before.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • didgeridoooo
    Options
    Thanks both.
    Judgment - Well I never! That seems horrible to me! All my life I have used the "e" but it appears I am wrong, thank you! Still bloody weird, or maybe it's just me who's weird. I can tolerate that notion, and I am sure I am not alone :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure