Get a grip woman!

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Options
    I wish my tumble dryer was fixed. I am going to use it today anyway but each time I open the door it feels more precarious. The parts are due this week and it will be at least Thursday before I address this.

This is my last week at the office :eek:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The chilling and then final cooking sounds very interesting, please post your research on here, I'd love to read about it.

This is your last week at the office

:j:j:j
    :A:A:A
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    The chilling and then final cooking sounds very interesting, please post your research on here, I'd love to read about it.

This is your last week at the office

:j:j:j
    :A:A:A

I will and I know - I am excited, combined with a bit of sadness, a bit of trepidation _pale_ and definite seasoning of desertion tendency (someone at work actually used the "rat leaving a sinking ship" analogy). :grouphug:

We are heading towards a deadline at work and I think it feels weird to be going now, before it is reached, but my decision is based on the maths, and I start losing money if I stay any longer :(
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
  • Karmacat
    Options
    SL, that sounds a much more complex situation than is usually the case :( but yes, you have to take care of you - losing money to work is an absolute no-no! It sounds awful ...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy last day at work :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Well here I am again - a week after my last day at work and I have spent the whole time ill in bed! I had to get up and dressed this morning as the new man was coming to fix the boiler. I am delighted to report we now have heating! :j:j:j

And the parts to mend my tumble dryer have been delivered! I just have to build up enough energy to be able to stand up long enough to fix it! In the meantime, a bit of parcel tape is acting as an interim repair and I have done most of the washing.

So far I have felt too ill to pay attention to the things I should be doing and am in danger of becoming a fan of one of the daytime TV dramas! :eek: :o

From a dietary perspective I no longer need to fret about losing that Christmas poundage as it has gone, along with a few more. My jeans feel positively baggy! I was feeling so much smaller I pulled out an old, much loved dress and tried it on and it fitted over the top of my jeans so hopefully I won't shrink through it without getting a chance to wear it again (a summer item). We are sort of back on the Mediterranean regime but it is too cold not to have a few starchy things - so last night I peeled and sliced some home-grown potatoes, rinsed off the surface starch and then layered them in a small dish, topped with chicken and veg stock then baked. Yummy with some baked fish and peas.

I think I am in the avoidance phase - I have so many things I should be doing but instead I feel a cup of tea and some toast calling, maybe with an egg or two...

And roll on Pay-Day for DH - tomorrow. My Grocery Challenge total for January is about £77 plus £28 for stores so well under the £200 per month I allow. We shall see how long that lasts when I am popping into town because I can...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So the next part of your journey begins :)
    Hope you are on the mend really soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I think you're in the convalescence phase, SL, not the avoidance phase! You poor thing, fancy being so ill - just shows it's ready to smack us any time. Lovely to hear you've got heat again, that will definitely put you on the right road.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Thanks for the well-wishes. I am definitely on the way back, albeit not 100% of my normal. I keep putting off the admin stuff I know I have to get finished before next week. And considering whether I should book our Summer Holiday at the same time as usual, or whether we should do something at a different time because we don't have to go for the school holidays after July, as DH retires then.

DH got paid this morning, so I have swept away the remains of last month's money, plus the trimmings off his salary, down to the nearest £100. It is over £500 thanks to my uber frugal January spending. If it weren't for my massive credit card bill for Feb I would be feeling quite smug. I think there is still going to be over £1000 to overpay on the mortgage in Feb, without looking at my lump sum.

I'm not sure when my pension will start to be paid, I'm still on leave at the moment, but I'm sure it won't be in advance. I would expect it to be the end of Feb or first week of March. All little bits of uncertainty to consider.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure