2018 It's My Time

Options

Comments

• shabbychic12
    Options
    Don't expect to live that long to be honest. So l'm living for now and will worry about the rest as it comes if it comes. And l'm not being negative or down but the opposite and making every opportunity count. Don't get me wrong l'm not l'm not going to spend every bit of money l have just because l can. I will make informed choices but as l said 2018 will be my time. I will need to be selfish and put myself first and this will be sooooo hard.
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    Well today l went to see my dad and tell him my plans, initially he was shocked but he understood and was very supportive which helps even though it wouldn't change my mind. Think he felt sorry for me and he bought me lunch lol - least l saved some money.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world, with your plans , I hope you have a fabulous adventure,I'm much to cautious to do what you're doing and I commend you, for being brave.
    I'm in a similar position, lost my husband last year just after my 54 th birthday, unfortunately we had no insurance or pensions, so financially I'm not the same. I do understand your drive to make the most of your life, who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    Best of luck.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    I do understand and we have to make them proud of us. Just hard doing it on our own sometimes. They are still with us just in a different way. My DH would be moaning about my spending and then my frugality as l go from one extreme to the other.
  • shabbychic12
    shabbychic12 Posts: 315 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 February 2018 at 8:48AM
    Options
    Well it's a cold snowy Monday and like many l'm on half term. I'm just contemplating going to the gym early and get it out of the way. I'm getting my summer body ready lol , l think the phrase is summer bodies are made in the winter. I joined the gym in Sept last year and l actually love it which has surprised everyoneIt's not what l would say a conventional gym as there is no treadmill or cross trainer to be seen and l don't have to do my hair and put full make up on just to fit in with the beautiful people who never sweat at the gym lol. lve joined a boot camp type of gym which is half hr of focused exercise.im not going to let myself go just yet well not without a fight. It is a luxury but l'm not giving it up yet.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    *subscribed*

I wish you well :)
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    Unfortunately l cannot swim but l do cycle to work when the weathers better. I have a basket on the front for small amounts of shopping. It's just not the weather at the moment
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does the thought of swimming appeal to you? maybe that could be a pre /post retirement challenge?
    I swim most days at the leisure centre but I really love the thought of swimming in a beautiful turquoise Med or Caribbean! The leisure centre isn't quite so appealing!!- it lacks the ... sun! and white sand.;)

Have a great half term.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    I have thought about adult swimming lessons when l finish. I love the idea of swimming but it evades me and here's another thing call me a prude but l don't like the mixed changing room last time l went l was faced with a gentleman sporting budgie smugglers !!!55357;!!!56877; He wasnt a looker lol !!!55357;!!!56896;
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    It is something on my list of things todo lol just not very high up. Had an appointment at the building society this morning doing a Skype interview for a mortgage-what happen to face to face? Any way good news is they will lend me some money bad news l now have to find somewhere! Idea behind this is to generate another income for when lve finished and hopefully this one will do as well as the other. Another big step on my own but l feel fine about it. Need to focus right area, right price and potential for value growth- not much to ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport