Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• romany
    romany Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very disappointed with Eon. I bought a house in August which was supplied by Eon on economy 7. When I contacted them with the meter readings I told them I wanted to go on a different tariff as it had gas heating and would be too expensive and basically didn't want it. I was recommended Fixed 1 year and was assured that although I had Economy 7 meter, I would not need it to be changed to come off the Economy 7 tariff. I agreed to this, however after checking my online bill, I am still being charged for the Economy 7 tariff. I contacted Eon and received a call back today, which just confirmed that I am still on Economy 7. They have arranged to ring me tomorrow to discuss new tariff with sales team, but I feel very annoyed that I have been charged a ridiculous amount since August due to their mistake. Have always been with Scottish Power before and never had problems like this. Will keep you posted ....
  • Life_is_Tough
    Options
    I'm thinking of changing from British Gas to the above tariff. Can the Eon representative confirm if the standing charge of 50ppd quoted on this tariff is for both the gas and electricity or is it charged twice?
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    loulahoula wrote: »
    Hi. I'm considering switching from BG to E.ON, possibly to one of the fixed tariffs, but I have a few questions I would love an E.ON rep to answer first. 1. Why does the 'fixed with rewards' tariff have an online management option but the 'fixed with clubcard points' one doesn't? 2. How often do you need meter readings and how often do you produce a bill? 3. With online management, am I in control of my Direct Debit amount or are you? Can I vary the payments if I need to? Can I take a payment holiday for example?

As you can probably tell, online management is important to me. I love BG's online service. It's really flexible and user friendly and if I'm going to switch I'd be looking for more of the same!

Hi loulahoula

All our current tariffs have an online management option.

You do have the choice on the Fixed 1 Year and Fixed 2 Year tariffs of taking the rewards as either cash or Tesco Clubcard points. This, though, has no affect on the availability of online management.

Online customers are billed quarterly. We'll ask for readings when a bill is due. However, you can enter more readings during the quarter if you wish.

For quarterly customers, we've a billing window that is open for 14 days either side of the bill date. Readings entered during this window automatically create a bill.

If you enter readings outside of the window, we'll give you the option of either just seeing what balance the readings will result in or actually producing a bill.

With Monthly Direct Debits, we've a new tool on the website to give customers more control over their payments. This is called the 'Direct Debit Manager.' It won't give you a payment holiday but will give you a degree of flexibility over the arrangement.

This is by letting customers change their monthly payments by up to 20 per cent, up or down, provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings. Up to 5 per cent up or down without readings.

Before finalising the change, though, we'll show you how much the account will be in debit/credit by the time of the annual review if the change is put through but usage doesn't alter.

Hope this answers your questions loulahoula. Give me a shout if you need any more details as will be happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    romany wrote: »
    Very disappointed with Eon. I bought a house in August which was supplied by Eon on economy 7. When I contacted them with the meter readings I told them I wanted to go on a different tariff as it had gas heating and would be too expensive and basically didn't want it. I was recommended Fixed 1 year and was assured that although I had Economy 7 meter, I would not need it to be changed to come off the Economy 7 tariff. I agreed to this, however after checking my online bill, I am still being charged for the Economy 7 tariff. I contacted Eon and received a call back today, which just confirmed that I am still on Economy 7. They have arranged to ring me tomorrow to discuss new tariff with sales team, but I feel very annoyed that I have been charged a ridiculous amount since August due to their mistake. Have always been with Scottish Power before and never had problems like this. Will keep you posted ....

Hi romany

I'm really sorry we haven't carried out your wishes. This can be put right.

Even though you've an Economy 7 meter, we can still charge you a single rate if this works out better for you. We don't need to change the meter. All we do is add the day and night usage together and charge at a single rate.

There'll be notes on your account detailing your request. We can back date the tariff to then and re-bill the account. The advisor who has arranged to call you will be able to set this in motion.

Sorry again for this inconvenience.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    I'm thinking of changing from British Gas to the above tariff. Can the Eon representative confirm if the standing charge of 50ppd quoted on this tariff is for both the gas and electricity or is it charged twice?

Hi Life is Tough

I can confirm, the Standing Charge on our Age UK Fixed 1 Year v5 tariff is 25.368p per fuel per day or 50.736p per day for both gas and electric. These prices include VAT.

Hope this helps.

Malc
  • thebigbosh
    Options
    reposting:
    Hi all, I submitted a switch request to E.on on 31st October however it's been nearly four weeks and have had no update on progress. Just rang E.on and there's no record of the address. Now, the switch FAQ says no need to worry, the switch process can take a while. However, the question is how long should I wait (without hearing anything) before I start to get worried and chase up?
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
    Options
    Hi thebigbosh

I'm sorry you haven't heard anything about your switch. You should certainly have heard something by now.

There can sometimes be issues with addresses. All the suppliers use a national database when transferring accounts. If there's a discrepancy between your actual address, the details we hold and the relevant database, a switch may not go through.

I'd certainly contact us about this now. Either call us or drop an email to the address in my Profile if you prefer. Will be happy to take a look.

Malc
  • ergo
    ergo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I applied to switch to E.ON through the Cheap Enegy Club twice , and my application has failed both times. I am not in debt with my present supplier, and never have been, and I'm not on a meter. I don't know why it failed, so don't know how to proceed . Can anyone help?
    thank you,
    ergo
  • Notsosmooth
    Options
    I switched from Eon to First Utility without any problem, and received my cash back in December... All good until I realised Eon had not refunded my credit. When I emailed them, they said they were waiting for the final reading from my new supplier. I'm still waiting, and can't help thinking this is a way of hanging on to my money..
    Options
    Hi Notsosmooth

Thought it might help if I explain what happens when supplies switch between providers.

With switches, it's the responsibility of the gaining supplier to let the losing supplier have the meter readings they'll use to open their new account. The losing supplier will use the same meter readings to close their account.

This is to make sure the same energy is only charged once.

Once we receive the meter readings from First Utility, we'll issue a final bill and sort out any refund for you.

Hope this explains.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback