PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Options

Comments

• FrugalLina
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome newbies and returners. Another quarter, a fresh start. :j

Thank goodness the rain has stopped, I shall walk into town today and get some steps in.

Yesterday's food was good, it was a fasting day, so just an evening meal of avocado and peanut burger with loads of veggies, followed by a pear and two Nakd bars (the new blueberry ones, yum). It should really only be one Nakd bar, but I was tempted by the other one. :o
    31.5/100
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone :)

I realised that I've been slipping into old habits, thinking I'm being good but lots of picking of 'naughties' :cool: between meals especially at work. So new challenge and fresh start again I'm bad at buying snack type things with the plan of one a day and eating them all so I think I'm going to have to go cold turkey for a while and relearn better habits

B - fruit and yoghurt
    L - minestrone soup and crackers
    D - jacket potato, cheese and coleslaw
    S - :eek:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    I do that as well, Brambling, if it is near to hand, I will eat it.

Perhaps get some less tasty things to snack on instead.

I have enjoyed a full eating day today:

B - overnight oats with blackberries
    L - ryvita and vegan cheese
    D - absolutely massive bowl of veggies with butter beans
    followed by a pear and 2 Nakd bars
    31.5/100
  • honeythewitch
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Good morning folks,

Yesterday's tomato and lentil soup was a success. I blended it with the stick blender once it was done and the HT had some for his lunch. He's never eaten home made soup before!

I'm off to work soon so I had a solitary crumpet with a spoonful of hm jam when we woke up this morning and I've just had a mushroom omelette as "brunch" because I work from 11 - 3 which means that I miss lunch. Dinner tonight will be an m&s "count on us" ready meal out of the freezer. It was bought during one of the times when my cooking mojo had left home temporarily but I'd like to reclaim the freezer space now. Ready meals are handy for dinners on the days that I've been to work but I prefer to make my own.

Dumpling the only thing that works consistently for me is tracking my food with MyFitnessPal. That way you can follow whatever eating plan you like but keep an eye on the calories. It's easy to add recipes and they stay there forever unless you delete them so helpful for PON stuff too. Best of all, it's free so very MSE.

Time to go and organise myself for work. Take care all of you :)
    Is MFP suitable for British people? I tried Itrackbites, which would be brilliant if only I was American, but there is no British food on it and the portions listed are ounces and cups and I dont have the patience for all that.
    FrugalLina wrote: »
    Hello everyone and welcome newbies and returners. Another quarter, a fresh start. :j

Thank goodness the rain has stopped, I shall walk into town today and get some steps in.

Yesterday's food was good, it was a fasting day, so just an evening meal of avocado and peanut burger with loads of veggies, followed by a pear and two Nakd bars (the new blueberry ones, yum). It should really only be one Nakd bar, but I was tempted by the other one. :o
    We could do with Nakd bars and mince pies being in timed release packaging that delivers the next one a week later. :D
    Brambling wrote: »
    Evening everyone :)

I realised that I've been slipping into old habits, thinking I'm being good but lots of picking of 'naughties' :cool: between meals especially at work. So new challenge and fresh start again I'm bad at buying snack type things with the plan of one a day and eating them all so I think I'm going to have to go cold turkey for a while and relearn better habits

B - fruit and yoghurt
    L - minestrone soup and crackers
    D - jacket potato, cheese and coleslaw
    S - :eek:

I need cold turkey too, Brambling. Everything would be fine if only i had some willpower and self discipline.

Todays food...

Sausage roll. This was a nightmare trying to get the wholemeal pastry to flake and it really wasnt worth it. It turned out to be far more calorie dense than the bought ones too, so was counterproductive.
    It was very nice though.

Giant baked spud, cheese, and lots of home made coleslaw.
    The cheese is a waste of calories unless it is heaped on, I have decided, because it disappears into nothing. ( If only it did the same around the waist)

So two lessons learned today. :)
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We could do with Nakd bars and mince pies being in timed release packaging that delivers the next one a week later. :D
    I need cold turkey too, Brambling. Everything would be fine if only i had some willpower and self discipline.

Todays food...

Giant baked spud, cheese, and lots of home made coleslaw.
    The cheese is a waste of calories unless it is heaped on, I have decided, because it disappears into nothing. ( If only it did the same around the waist) :)

Honey Today I think we could be the same person :D.

FrugalLina the trouble with picking at rubbish is it's not because I'm hungry so healthy snacks aren't the same :o. Having said that tomatoes, sugar snap peas, grapes and pineapple are boxed up ready to take in to work tomorrow with no other snacks and I know the work biscuit tin is empty (don't ask me how :cool:) just need to avoid going near a food shop during my lunchtime walk :)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Blue_Doggy
    Blue_Doggy Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning, Everyone, and “hello” to all the other newbies :). It’s so good to have company on our weight loss journey.

We all seem to have a tendency to pick at tasty nibbles which just sabotage our hard work. I’ve given up watching food programmes, especially Bake Off, as they just make me go prowling the kitchen for sweet things.

A thing I find helpful is a small starter with my dinner, just something like a couple of tomatoes sliced with some olives, or a small bowl of low calorie HM soup.

Yesterday’s dinner was tweaked: I foraged some puffballs while walking the dogs, so the omelette was a puffball one, the courgette had died in the fridge :(, so the veg were broccoli and butternut squash. The soup was spinach. At bedtime I had 2 oatcakes with Marmite. I managed to limit chocolate to just one square.

Today I’m off to a meeting with friends at one of their homes. This friend is very generous and a good cook, but doesn’t take “no thank you” for an answer, so I expect to take on some extra calories this morning.

Today (plan):
    B: porridge made with water
    L: lentils in tomato sauce, fresh fruit (apple or tangerine)
    D: tomato and olive salad, microwaved cod, fennel, green beans and carrots followed by cinnamon yogurt.
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All
    Little -1lb off from me this week.
    I have been struggling the last few weeks but I'm finally feeling more focused now, I agree though, how I envy those that possess will power, rarely can I stick to anything!
    I have got into the habit of writing everything I eat down, (I follow slimming world from home) which helps me to focus. I also plan our meals every 4 weeks so I know what I'm doing. Sunday's I tend not to track and also it's the one day we have a proper pudding :D

Today's plan
    B fruit
    L probably a ham and salad sandwich (ham needs using up!)
    D Nasi Goreng (from pon book) one of the kids favourite.

I'm loving soups from the slimmingeates http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/ website at the moment and aim to try a different one each week, I usually make it on Sunday and it does me for dinner on Monday, not sure which to try this week.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    I realised that I've been slipping into old habits, thinking I'm being good but lots of picking of 'naughties'

Same here, which is particularly bad considering I'm only on week 2 :o

There have been cakes at work that I failed to say no to and IzHe's away with work this week so there's nobody at home to keep me in check. I've still not eaten anywhere near as much as I would do normally when I'm tired and home alone so I'll take that as a win.
    Is MFP suitable for British people?

I found that there were a few things on there listed in cups but the majority of things seem to be geared to the UK, they even have a lot of supermarket-own stuff listed. I like the fact that you can add your own recipes to it as well.
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »

I'm loving soups from the slimmingeates http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/ website at the moment and aim to try a different one each week, I usually make it on Sunday and it does me for dinner on Monday, not sure which to try this week.

I've just had a look at this website and ther's lots and lots of really tasty looking recipes and ideas here. Thank you Sirens.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is MFP suitable for British people?

Yes, it has a really good database.

My plans went a little awry today as I took my friend's birthday present to her and she made me a cheese sandwich which I wasn't planning on. It was a very tasty sandwich though. In the grand scheme of things it won't make that much difference.

Breakfast was a crumpet with home made jam. I'm not sure I have any space for an evening meal yet after the sandwich.

Take care all of you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport