PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 October 2019 at 11:22AM
    Options
    Molly41 wrote: »
    Hello x
    I weighed today and STS:mad:
    I don't know why as I have been trying very hard going to redouble my efforts. Im not very active as Im recovering from major surgery so Im gradually becoming more active.
    Hope everyone doing ok
    kind regards x

I think you are doing well to STS following major surgery Molly as our bodies react differently when recovering :)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • millymouse
    Options
    Started off well at the beginning of the week but it’s gone down hill a bit since then. My cousin came over Wednesday night and it ended up with a drink and a takeaway 🙈 she’s such a bad influence on me 😂 but hopefully I haven’t done too much damage and back on it today.
    So far:-
    B - yoghurt and apple
    L - will be a sandwich ( I’m off to work)
    D - will be haddock peas and boiled potatoes
    Hope everyone is having a good day
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Well, I made it through to half five on my first fasting day. It was supposed to be six o'clock but I put a grape in my mouth when we were prepping.
    It wasn't too bad to be honest, but I wasnt near any temptations.
    Just listening to Jason Fung lecture before bed. Very interesting chap.

Dad's chopped up all the veg for a butternut and chickpea curry for tomorrow... and the next few days in all likelihood!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    Well, I made it through to half five on my first fasting day. It was supposed to be six o'clock but I put a grape in my mouth when we were prepping.
    It wasn't too bad to be honest, but I wasnt near any temptations.
    Just listening to Jason Fung lecture before bed. Very interesting chap.

Dad's chopped up all the veg for a butternut and chickpea curry for tomorrow... and the next few days in all likelihood!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Well done, lasting until half five, that is as late as I can manage to be honest.

Jason Fung wrote the book that inspired me to do the fasting diet, where did you find his lecture? I would love to listen to it as well.

Oh, that curry sounds good!
    31.5/100
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,172 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please put me down, Brambling.

I don’t even know what I weigh at the moment. Everything is a bit up in the air at the moment (both sons going through a rough time at college) and I’ve been eating almost non-stop.
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    FrugalLina wrote: »

Jason Fung wrote the book that inspired me to do the fasting diet, where did you find his lecture? I would love to listen to it as well.

Just on YouTube. The one I was listening to is called 'the aetiology of obesity'. In this one he is talking to a group of doctors.
    https://youtu.be/ZKC3hiyLeRc
    If you search Jason Fung there are lots to choose from, and he is a good speaker, easy to listen to. The arguements are compelling (probably the same as in the book you've read).
    Your losses are compelling too! I'd like to find out how many fasting days do you have in a week? And what do you drink while fasting?
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Blue_Doggy
    Blue_Doggy Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning, everyone :). Welcome, Frith. Best wishes for your recovery, Molly41. Good luck, all who are doing the fasting diets, I envy your will-power!

Yesterday went pretty much to plan, the only changes were the omelette became a mushroom one, and I had a bowl of 0% fat yogurt with the apple. No snacks, and kept to just one square of chocolate.

Today:
    B: bacon and eggs
    L: sardine salad, apple, possibly yogurt
    D: spinach soup (HM), lambs liver with HM tomato sauce, courgette, green beans, possibly cauliflower or celeriac, cinnamon yogurt.

Today’s challenge is to avoid buying a jam doughnut when I go to get my newspaper - the local bakery does very nice, generously jammed large doughnuts.
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. It started off quite ,well...

Sardines on toast.

Shredded wheat. Tangerines.

And then in the evening after a stressful day in which I injured myself doing aqua aerobics in a pool that was too shallow (the consultant says I should be up to my neck, and boy was he right!) and had to walk a couple of miles getting home bent over like an ape, and in pain, just in time to see the new washing machine being delivered unannounced, and just when a massive wardrobe was temporarily blocking the hall making it impossible to get the new machine in.

Several hours later after it had been rained on in the path my husband wrestled it in place and forgot to remove the packing bolts, which we discovered when we found it leaping into the air and across the floor with loud bangs.

This was when I had half a large tub of ice-cream , then jaffa cakes, followed by the roast beef sandwich I should have had in the first place. :(

Had egg on toast this morning, and I will make a large bowl of Waldorf salad for later (Celery apple walnut grapes, yogurt) and I am going to sling the rest of the ice-cream and jaffa cakes. :D
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Many thanks for your kind regards.
    I don't know why I can't lose weight its as if my body has gone into fight mode and is holding on to all my fat! Im trying really hard and gradually doing more so we will see next week.
    Hope you all doing well x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • millymouse
    Options
    Hi all Saturday is normally the hardest day for me dieting so I’m really going to do my best to avoid the takeaways that my son and husband indulge in. I’ve got my food planned for breakfast and lunch but have no idea what to have for tea yet.
    B - yoghurt and apple
    L- ham salad sandwich
    D -

Hope everyone has a great day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business