PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Options

Comments

• Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello
    I would like to aim for 10 ibs hope that is achievable x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 October 2019 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Brambling. I'd like to lose 12 lbs this quarter please as I haven't managed any decent losses the rest of the year. I'm not annoyed with myself - the combination of going back to work after 10 years and a hormonal teenager was obviously enough to deal with at the time. Work is going well and the teenager seems to be on a more even keel so time to concentrate on me for the last part of the year.

I'm going food shopping his morning as it's my day off, then home for cleaning duties. The HT is not exactly trying to lose weight, more trying to stay stable as he grows so he's going to try to make healthier choices too.

I'm making tomato and lentil soup for lunch and I'm also cooking a gammon joint in diet coke in the slow cooker for our evening meal today which we'll have with baked beans and probably hash browns.

tighteningthebelt yes, I'd like to pick up the running again. I seem to be so tired lately but hopefully a few weeks healthy eating will help with that and I'll be back on form and ready to go.

Take care all of you :)
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you Brambling.

Could you please add 14lb to my target. I know that it'll only get me back to where I was before I tumbled spectacularly off the wagon but hopefully I'll stay going in the right direction this time.
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2019 at 12:02AM
    Options
    Hello. :)

My aim for this quarter is to only eat healthy and wholegrain where possible, nearly all the time, and I am on a mission to lower my blood pressure. Hopefully the weight will come off slowly too, so my target this time is just 7 pounds.

Food today..

Eggs, bacon, tinned tomatoes

Sardines on toast.

Mushroom soup.

Mince pie.

Accidental second mince pie.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Brambling, I would love to join this quarter's challenge please. Can I set a target of 14lb. I have been lurking through the last challenge and it was very heartening to see so many of you doing so well.

I have a year's weight loss project in mind to lose 5 stone and finally get out of this house. I am too heavy to get in a car at the moment and have been housebound for well over a year so losing weight will help me so much to get my health and mobility back.

I try all the different weight loss programmes in turn as I get fed up easily. At the moment I am using the Pinch of Nom cookbook as we are all still enjoying the recipes in there. I weigh in on a Monday.

Good luck everyone x
  • tighteningthebelt
    tighteningthebelt Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2019 at 7:12PM
    Options
    Hi Team,

Hi dumpling and a very warm welcome :hello: there are quite a few of us here with lots of weight to lose, so you've come to just the right place.

I didn't do well yesterday. I had a long and stressful day.
    B/L - bacon and egg mcmuffin
    S - cranberry cookie
    T - mashed sweet potato, mushrooms, broccoli, fruit tart with spoon plain yogurt. All made by Mum.
    Followed by a very early night. Sometimes the horizontal cannot be beaten!

Busy but not stressful day today. This is the plan.
    B
    L - veg soup, jelly (edit add yogurt on jelly)
    S - apple and cheese
    ( edit S - bag of crisps because I am weak in the face of temptation!)
    T - rice and veg (edit - with bit of thai curry sauce LO from yesterday)

Have a good day all.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Dumpling :wave: I'm also a fan of Pinch of Nom, did you see they have a new book due out just before Christmas (mid Dec I think) I've pre-order a copy :)

Honey 'accidental' mince pie! I've found it's never an accidental apple :cool: my blood pressure is the opposite of yours, when I lose weight my low blood gets too low :cool:

Tighteningthebelt they do say getting enough sleep helps with weight lost, although I also find it saves me eating in the evenings when I do it. Unfortunately next door have been renovating for months well into the evenings so a little noisy.

Last night I went to see the Nutcracker, a little early as it's a Christmas ballet, only problem is my knee complains that the seats are too close together in our small theatre, I'm going to have to start booking seats at the end of a row once I've been to the current ones booked

Right best get on to work :). Hope none of you have been effected by flooding
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Blue_Doggy
    Blue_Doggy Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning, Everyone :)

Yesterday’s food:
    B: porridge made with water, plus the last two alpine strawberries from the garden
    L: cottage cheese and celery, plain yogurt with the last of a tub of candied peel
    D: HM chicken soup (the surplus gravy juices from a casserole), baked trout with peas, cauliflower & fennel, plain yogurt with gooseberries cooked with ginger
    Other: 3 squares of 85% dark chocolate, half a sherry glass of brandy (stress relief :( )

Candied peel unexpectedly nice in yogurt, but not a weight loss aid, more a part of the “see food (and eat it!)” non-diet. Now it’s gone, no more will be bought.

Today:
    B: fish fingers and tomatoes (grilled)
    L: cottage cheese salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes), cinnamon yogurt
    D: HM soup (not made yet, probably will be spinach), herb omelette with courgette plus 2 other veg (not yet decided), yogurt with gooseberries as yesterday.

Note to self: cut out the coffee, because that’s when I have the chocolate. Replace with herbal tea. Maybe allow 1 mug of coffee and 1 square of chocolate in the evening.
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The last 2 days have been a write off. I've eaten so much recently I can't remember the last time I was properly hungry.

Anyway today's a new day and the sun is shining, so I'll be pushing myself out for a run at lunchtime and hoping to avoid anything remotely unhealthy!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning folks,

Yesterday's tomato and lentil soup was a success. I blended it with the stick blender once it was done and the HT had some for his lunch. He's never eaten home made soup before!

I'm off to work soon so I had a solitary crumpet with a spoonful of hm jam when we woke up this morning and I've just had a mushroom omelette as "brunch" because I work from 11 - 3 which means that I miss lunch. Dinner tonight will be an m&s "count on us" ready meal out of the freezer. It was bought during one of the times when my cooking mojo had left home temporarily but I'd like to reclaim the freezer space now. Ready meals are handy for dinners on the days that I've been to work but I prefer to make my own.

Dumpling the only thing that works consistently for me is tracking my food with MyFitnessPal. That way you can follow whatever eating plan you like but keep an eye on the calories. It's easy to add recipes and they stay there forever unless you delete them so helpful for PON stuff too. Best of all, it's free so very MSE.

Time to go and organise myself for work. Take care all of you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure