Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy

Options

Comments

• mfowlis
    mfowlis Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Just completed switch to Robin Hood Energy today. Today I also get an email advising they are putting up their prices as of 22nd April 2017 !

This is for the Robin Hood Energy Evergreen E7 Tariff:

Standing charge stays at 21.99p per day

Day rate increased from 11.82p per kWh to 19.28p per kWh
    Night rate increased from 6.57p per kWh to 9.97p per kWh

As both of these are significant increases I wanted to let people know as the Energy club calculator still shows the current (old) tariff rates.

Also if you have an Economy 7 meter, Robin Hood Energy cannot put you on a single rate tariff only their Economy 7 ones !
    micheal5kr.gif
  • npr1uk
    Options
    I've just witched my electricity only at the end of the British Gas Collective Switch. The letter doesn't show the percentage increase but it has gone up rom 11.29 p kWH to 15.40 and my projected spend has gone up from £715 to £957. Hopefully the details on the Energy Club calculator will be updated as it looks like its time to shop around again after a month.
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    It isn't true that if you have a E7 Tariff with RHE you can't have a single rate tariff.

The price increase on Evergreen is high but there is a 12 month fixed Prime V8 available or Nottingham fixed V8 if you live in Nottingham.

Worth checking out those tariffs too
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

Robin Hood energy, everything seems to be questionable.

The answers given are not substantive.

Really poor all round.

Now with a price hike of almost 50% they are now robbing the poor to pay the rich?

Ebico zero is their suggested alternative.

My problem is my calculation of my annual usage differs greatly.
  • Andypolack
    Andypolack Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Have been with Robin Hood for about 5 months and haven't had any problems that haven't been sorted quickly on the phone.

But with the impending price rise, I'm plumping for Iresa. We'll see how that goes...
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with them for 3 months. Time to switch again.

The market is a joke
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 March 2017 at 3:08PM
    Options
    oh well, that didn't last long, took a gamble when requested switch 3 weeks ago & didn't go for a fixed rate, silly me! not due to switch until tomorrow, but even with our low use on electricity only, it's going to be increasing by 25% on the standard rate from 22.04.17.

off we go again...! IRESA look the cheapest at the moment, 12 month fix & no exit fees. not the best reviews, but other providers are all new names too, so worth taking a punt, probably!
  • Smiley_Dan
    Smiley_Dan Posts: 948 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, same here. Fire up the browser tonight. Over 60% increase for us!

Next time Government promise us all "choice" maybe consider these shenanigans. I saved a couple of hundred quid in the first year I switched, since then it's like treading water. Combined with the yearly insurance phone call "oh we've magically found you a saving of £100 on the premium we sent you" phone call I'm getting decidedly tired of this brave new world of "choice".
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    crikey, just read the feedback thread on here for IRESA & their facebook/twitter, don't think i'll bother with them! cheap, yes, but would appear almost impossible to contact & they don't reply to any communication. lots of complaints...
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    My bill will jump from £950 to £1200 a year. Moneysupermarket shows they are now more expensive than 75% of the market.

Are there financial problems at Robin Hood or something?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure