PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad you're feeling a bit better LL :) My spa time will be my long soak in the bath tonight with a face pack, candles and the cava left over from last night.

I totally understand the photograph thing. My OH almost died from a brain tumour 6 years ago at the age of just 47. He's still here thankfully but disabled and brain damaged, not the person he was. I still can't bear to look at old photographs of him.

Enjoy Andre Rieu :)

Hugs to you and lesson learned. Your positivity inspires me. Firsthand experience here to of how a partner can change due to a brain condition.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    LMAO at Special Brew:rotfl: n yaaay re Nine Inch Nails :j
    Hope your tum' s better asap xx

It actually does feel better after taking the probiotics yesterday and today.:)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It actually does feel better after taking the probiotics yesterday and today.:)

Glad they're working. They have helped me. It's nice to feel human again.

Andr! Rieu was fab.......Just going to settle back and enjoy a double helping of Chris Hemsworth. ;).
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    Hugs to you and lesson learned. Your positivity inspires me. Firsthand experience here to of how a partner can change due to a brain condition.

Sorry to hear that. It's tough watching your loved ones get sick.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    house_elf wrote: »
    Sugarbaby You could start a thread....Suagarbaby's Limitless Film Reviews......we would all subscribe

I may take you up on that suggestion House elf ;)

My Champagne moment yesterday was being bought 2 small bottles of Prosecco when I was at Karaoke yesterday. :D I could only drink one in the pub as that is my limit when I do choose to drink alcohol, so I brought the other bottle home with me :D
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm considering a very champagne start to the year. I've been thinking of changing my car, it is ten years old and has done alot of miles, work and 6 years of running up and down to unis 2 or 300 miles each way. I'm doing far fewer miles now. I'm thinking if I get a new car it will last me 15 years and I will be 80 and probably done with driving. Anyway the local dealer has a new car in the model I like, got it for someone and the deal fell through so they want to get rid of it before the reg changes at the end of Feb so offering £2,500 off. I'm thinking if I can get another £500 off I will go for it. It has some extras with it as well so would be a good deal but still means almost £10k going out of savings so not sure what to do. I am going to have a test drive Monday so have time for a little think.

The thing about buying a new car is that you have the three or five year warranty, often extras thrown in like breakdown cover or free servicing. Also, no MOT for three years and less likelihood of paying for repairs. Sometimes if you buy a used car you have nothing but trouble because you don't know what issues the previous owner had with it. £10,000 might seem a lot but over 15 years of hopefully trouble free motoring, well that's not bad.

Is there any way you could get 0% finance on it? That's how we managed to buy our Skoda, even though we had the money to pay for it, it doesn't seem such a shock. We will have finished paying for it in March.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    No "champagne moments" as such today but just "counting my blessings" that I am snug and warm and have everything I need as the weather is absolutely foul.:)
    It's on days like these that I appreciate not having to go out to work in the cold, dark, wet and windy weather!;)
    One of the best decisions I ever made was to buy a new car, it had been a test drive model and came with under 100 miles on the clock. Apart from servicing and replacing tyres I didn't spend a penny on it and when I had to stop driving I sold it a family member who ran it for 8 years before selling it as it was just beginning to need bits and pieces done to it. It wasn't much more expensive than a decent second hand one and was IMHO a very good spend as then I drove a lot. :)
  • lessonlearned
    edited 7 January 2019 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Wow Tesuhoha. Thank you so much for your advice. I have ordered some uva Ursi, just in case. My antibiotics don't run out till Wednesday but I think it might be useful to have that stuff in the house - just in case. It's certainly got good reviews and if it works without having to resort to antiobiotics then so much the better.

I have gone back on to probiotics and a daily cranberry capsule, also upped my water intake. Fingers crossed.

Cars....many years ago when I was flat broke I bought a Renault 5 on 4 years interest free, no deposit. It sailed through every MOT and I kept it for 17 years, eventually giving it to my sister. I loved that car. :rotfl:

I am currently driving my dad's car, a Fiesta. Although it's an 06 plate it's only done about 23k Miles and it goes like the clappers. Mot due at the end of the month so I'll see what happens.

No real champagne moments as such, although I am currently nice and cosy enjoying some sofa time whilst watching TV but I have had a nice productive day. I popped into the YMCA and they are going to pick up some of my unwanted furniture on Wednesday, then I can get to grips and make a start on the decluttering in earnest.

I had £35 in Nectar vouchers so I've done a food stock up in case of bad weather/Brexit.....

All is good. And I'm definitely in agreement with Caronc - being retired and not having to go anywhere in foul weather is wonderful.
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wow Tesuhoha. Thank you so much for your advice. I have ordered some uva Ursi, just in case. My antibiotics don't run out till Wednesday but I think it might be useful to have that stuff in the house - just in case. It's certainly got good reviews and if it works without having to resort to antiobiotics then so much the better.

I have gone back on to probiotics and a daily cranberry capsule, also upped my water intake. Fingers crossed.

Cars....many years ago when I was flat broke I bought a Renault 5 on 4 years interest free, no deposit. It sailed through every MOT and I kept it for 17 years, eventually giving it to my sister. I loved that car. :rotfl:

I am currently driving my dad's car, a Fiesta. Although it's an 06 plate it's only done about 23k Miles and it goes like the clappers. Mot due at the end of the month so I'll see what happens.

No real champagne moments as such, although I am currently nice and cosy enjoying some sofa time whilst watching TV but I have had a nice productive day. I popped into the YMCA and they are going to pick up some of my unwanted furniture on Wednesday, then I can get to grips and make a start on the decluttering in earnest.

I had £35 in Nectar vouchers so I've done a food stock up in case of bad weather/Brexit.....

All is good. And I'm definitely in agreement with Caronc - being retired and not having to go anywhere in foul weather is wonderful.

Yes, its a reassurance to have it in the house. The only thing to note is that its strong stuff and not really to be taken for maintenance but for emergency use only. So to clear up any symptoms or for emerging symptoms I would think.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• lessonlearned
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    Yes, its a reassurance to have it in the house. The only thing to note is that its strong stuff and not really to be taken for maintenance but for emergency use only. So to clear up any symptoms or for emerging symptoms I would think.

Okie dokie, i will bear that in mind. I think it's best to work on my microbiome and improve my overall gut health, hopefully that will keep everything in balance and reduce the chance of any further UTIs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback