PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th March 2018

Options

Comments

• MadamMim2013
    Options
    Morning all :)

Congrats atb on the slinky loss!
    Gentle hugs Valli, I suffer with nightmares, it really puts you out of sorts for a while!
    Hugs and spoons for anyone else in need..:lovethoug
    Shall be attempting to reign myself back in and get on with some serious flying today!
    DS1 kindly WU last night and vacuumed the front room (he confessed it was due to spilling a large amount of crumbs from his crisp packet!!:rotfl:) while I was out at my course.
    I am off to check the lists and see what's to be done..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies :wave:

Naff all done so far. Just had another cuppa and two :eek: chocolate bars.

Got to preschool this morning to discover Tiny had forgotten his pants this morning...he has PE today...

Luckily the supervisor found a clean spare pair so we quickly got sorted. Not that Tiny would care in the slightest, but...

Might pop and see my friend about getting some hair extensions in a minute. I need a boost and she says she will fit them for me for free, if I pay for the hair. ATM I feel fat and frumpy, so this might be a way for helping that change.

Promise I'll fly later x
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy... new hair sounds fab for a boost.. I want mine chopping much shorter but can't bear for anyone to touch me.. I will get it done eventually.. I don't want it man short.. just shuolder blade length.. but that is a good 12 inches off.

I kinda promised Dot she can have bright pink hair for the summer holidays.. what have I done? She is super excited about it so I don't think she will change her mind..

Everyone banished.. DS2 still dying in bed.. might go check he is actually alive while I think on it.
    OH pack up made.. and him sent off to college after I sent him to the shop and to do the school run and bossed him to bring the mountain of washing down from our room.
    2x WM
    1x TD

For the first time this year I am going to put washing out on the line.... I have to get this mountain of towels dry

I looked at the kitchen ceiling... now I need to paint it.. the paint is on the hob...
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2018 at 3:57PM
    Options
    :bdaycake:
    Happy Birthday to Master Blonde, and well done slinky atb :T
    Dizzy, enjoy your new hairstyle.

I'm reporting another half-pound loss in the quest for Slinkydom - a total of 9.5 lb off since January :) I am happy with this, as half a pound a week would give me nearly 2 stone off by the end of the year, if I continued that long (but I'm not planning to go down below 10 st 7 lb, as people say I look ill when I'm any slinkier than that!)

Flying yesterday was WMx3 and today I have done the weekly shop. Off to college this afternoon, and I still have prep to do, lunch to make and a dog to walk.

Catch up later x
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh Dizzy hair extensions sound fab!
    Well done on the loss Iona and Roundtuit xx
    Piggers - enjoy pegging out, I know it really feels like spring is on its way when there is washing on the line!

I have walked the legs off the dog and will shortly be heading out to run some more errands on foot. We are forecast snow again for the weekend, I really hope they are wrong!

Parents evening for DD later, and I need to collect a prescription. Shall pop back in later xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Dancemum. You're having a particularly testing time at the moment, so I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and Dancepops and hope that you get a bit of respite soon.
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Me too, sulk.

I find it very comforting that it's not just me that can't shift a bit of bulk. I've sinned and eaten chocolate and realised just how sugary M&S so-called Belgian chox are. Won't be buying any of them, that's for sure, when I'm allowed it again. Didn't stop me eating pretty much all of them, though. Well done all the Slinkies who've been strong enough to stick to their healthy eating, whether or not you've shed weight.

I put two loads through the WM last night and pegged them out before 9.00 am this morning - go me! It's sunny and warm here. The forecast for tomorrow is dire.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm on a roll. Finished work at lunchtime, so grabbed my list. Bed changed, decided the worn out duvet cover really had had its day, so found a replacement one. Grabbed duster to dust the bedroom. Got distracted by the dust in the LR, so dusted that. Then I decided that I ought to vacuum the LR as well. Then I remembered the bedroom. I got distracted, and cleaned the French doors in the LR and a mirror. No - I really must dust the bedroom. Guess what - distracted by sticky marks on the woodwork so I sorted that....now I must get to the bedroom....but need to make tea for the builder. Oh well, I might be ahead later in the week.

I have turned out a bag to take to the CS for tomorrow when I do the banking for school. At least that was off the list!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anxiety wobbling just beneath the surface, must do a lot of walking today to try and shake it off.
    (((HUGS))) My anxiety is overflowing - hoping walkies with Lizzie in a little while will help.

Meantime, I have taken one step at least to alleviate it - I have again disabled pm-ing. It served it's purpose in enabling me to redistribute some "clutter" to where it would be of use, and now there's no need to keep it switched on.
    I have had a couple of perfectly reasonable, nice pm messages lately, but every time I see a notification "you have a new private message" my heart goes into my mouth and I literally start shaking, for fear it's going to be another diatribe like the one that upset me before - and basically made me feel I was worth somewhat less than a dog turd left on the pavement.
    pigpen wrote: »
    Dizzy... new hair sounds fab for a boost.. I want mine chopping much shorter but can't bear for anyone to touch me.. I will get it done eventually.. I don't want it man short.. just shuolder blade length.. but that is a good 12 inches off.
    If it's just a straightforward chop off some length, would OH or one of your older DDs be able to do it?
    Mr LW does mine, because I have issues with being touched.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    winkly Tuesday ~ master bedroom and landing
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Make the bed...[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear the floordrobe[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear the landing of gibble[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Dust and deweb[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash the windows[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Vacuum the floors[/STRIKE]..[STRIKE] and the mattress before remaking the bed[/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Strip and wash the bedding[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe any grotty paintwork and furniture[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Check those smoke alarms![/STRIKE]
    Extras
    • Binbag dance
    • HHI
    • 15 minutes filing
    • Fill a binbag of old winter stuff for charity shop!!
    • 15 minutes in the garden dead heading or pruning... only if it!!!8217;s not raining
    • HHI
    Kitchen and loo room mopped

“You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Options
    Long drive done
    Roads on drive closed for one reason or another left, right, and centre, about 20 miles extra driven on various different detours...............

Ironing is done since I have been back
    Dinner is done
    Just got to clear up the kitchen in a bit.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills