NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Debtfreewannabme - it will get easier to not buy for people. You have let everyone know. Now you need to stick to it so that they know you mean it. Otherwise they'll be wavering between will she/won't she getnus/me a present.

Today I am grateful for my ski coat, for my walking boots, for trying a new workout, for a snow day, for a frog being sorted out for me, for the band rehearsal being cancelled so dh didn't have to go out tonight, for stocking up on gf df food from sainz, for dd doing her times tables without too much of a moan.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • missyv30
    missyv30 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I put down 15 NSD I will hopefully get more. All budgets done have transferred money for living of for 4 weeks into joint account and anything left in our individual accounts. I will at the end of the month pay to debt. I am new to budgeting so haven’t just paid it all straight to debt in case I miscalculated anything. I would rather bills were paid and not missed anything left from the weekly budget will go straight to credit card debt. We managed an extra £400 last month :jand that’s with two birthdays so hoping to pay more to credit card and get it gone with in a couple of months. We always take lunch to work and drinks so that’s not a problem. I am also stopping chocolate for the month of March so should help with the purse not only my waistline :rotfl:
    :j

Debt as of Jan 17 £32990.71: :eek:
    Debt as of June 2020 £18636
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please count me in. Will add budgets tomorrow.

Today was a spend day.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today was NSD 1. Off to bed so will update with budgets and targets for the month tomorrow.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs indigowarrior , I hope you find them the perfect gift.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today was NSD #1/18. Will be back tomorrow to post more as having trouble with internet connection staying on.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Just a quick pop in to let you know I'm here...had intended to do all budgets etc to start today but then by chance discovered that my CC had been cloned...and someone was buying much stuff from SportsDirect, train & bus tickets, deliveroo...etc :mad::mad::mad:

Should all be sorted now hopefully but have no idea how it was done..

So bear with me till I sort myself out, NSD today 1/15

Weather perishing but no more snow as yet.stay safe & warm peeps
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    First NSD as I have only ventured as far as the bins (and held onto a clothes line on either side to do that. Not much snow on the ground but lots of patches turned to hard ice so kept my eyes peeled and always had hold of something.

Have done something called a 'brain dump' - you write down all the stuff in your head. I have done 2 pages but don't think it is finished yet. When it's on paper you can sort it into 2 minute jobs, frogs, elephants, things to work on and stops the panic of freefall anxiety when your head is so full and you start thinking you have forgotten something really important.

Rounded up rubbish, recycling, pots and cutlery, dirty clothes and my bedding. Made a start on dealing with most of them. Eaten from the fridge and freezer - so glad I went to Icyland after I had dealt with mum's path and bins on Tuesday Tip -apologies if it's obvious but I put a line of salt around the edge of the top of the bin so they don't freeze shut. Can't wrestle bins open any more.

WE had food in (DS3 said we did not need anything when I asked). We had frozen meat (mince and chicken breasts) and lots of frozen veg (I have been making an effort to tackle the sprout and broccoli mountains) and tinned pulses and tomatoes but no milk, bread, marg, yoghurt, fruit or salad etc etc (sorry film club was The King and I). Plus bought bacon (rare to buy any other than cooking bacon) as I have had bacon butty cravings and don't want to crack and go to the diner round the corner.

Today I am grateful for being able to stay inside (thought about going to have a play on a clean patch of snow when I took the bins out - it had obviously been protected by parked cars all day), for easy and interesting food, for starting to put some sort of routine into place again (have lists to write). Budgets more or less the same as last month - travel reduced as mum pays most of it, entertainment up as I need to buy a ticket for my zoo trip (30th) and need to consider Mothering Sunday and Easter, although have something hm in mind (if shoulder co-operates).

My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Debtfreewannabme
    Options
    Thanks apple muncher. I was going to ask for advice abt my budget. So I sat down and wrote a budget then got myself all confused as I get paid on the 28th of each month and my DH gets paid 4 weekly. Next DH pay day is 9th March. Bills are either at start, middle or end of month. We set it like this to account for my DH pay being on different dates ( my wage wouldn't cover all bills). So I have set a budget up until next rent day ( 1st of each Month) but got myself in a tangle with it - any suggestions appreciated. TIA.

On the note of snow - my DH travelled to his Night shift only to find he was snowed in, wrks 4x4 took him to hotel - paid for by wrk...but now I've had to factor in £6 budget for his lunch and dinner as he will go straight bk to wrk. Feeling a tad upset as I batch cooked last night and meal planned but hey hoo...thankful that we are all safe and warm x
    I am now debt free:T - 20/03/18. Whatever your situation - just.keep.going!
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]EF £1000/£1000 goal
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]CHILDCARE Savings goal £600/£600
    EF 3 month goal £2,000/£3,500
    HOUSE DEPOSIT £0/£20,000
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks apple muncher. I was going to ask for advice abt my budget. So I sat down and wrote a budget then got myself all confused as I get paid on the 28th of each month and my DH gets paid 4 weekly. Next DH pay day is 9th March. Bills are either at start, middle or end of month. We set it like this to account for my DH pay being on different dates ( my wage wouldn't cover all bills). So I have set a budget up until next rent day ( 1st of each Month) but got myself in a tangle with it - any suggestions appreciated. TIA.

Try and set a weekly budget and factor in whatever bills are due that week plus what you will spend on food and travel.
    On the note of snow - my DH travelled to his Night shift only to find he was snowed in, wrks 4x4 took him to hotel - paid for by wrk...but now I've had to factor in £6 budget for his lunch and dinner as he will go straight bk to wrk. Feeling a tad upset as I batch cooked last night and meal planned but hey hoo...thankful that we are all safe and warm x

Just shunt the meal plan along one day, or drop a day and have a meal in hand for next week. Can you have his meal for lunch instead? or freeze it and use as an emergency 'ping' meal. Well done on the meal planning. It will get easier with practise. The main thing is he is safe and warm, and at least he has not missed a day of work, so your budget will be spot on for the month.
    It is annoying when things don't go to plan, but hopefully you will get him back tonight, my DH always appreciates a home cooked meal after he has been subjected to hotel food.:rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport