Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    Have foolishly let dd see me looking on the bookpeople site and she now has my laptop to scroll through it!

Exam analysis done and ok. A very open talk with the Head about them and about me.

Lunch duty uneventful and got me another 1k steps.

Appraisal paperwork done by lovely colleague.

Dh will sit with dd, so I can knit while watching the rugby. Maybe. If I can stay awake.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Nope. I get to sit with dd - lots of tears again, compounded by overtiredness. I really must bring her up to bed by 7.30. Dh was supposed to do it tonight but he was on the phone. Makes me grrrr a bit as I did all the bedtime prep - late because I was waiting for him - whereas I'd always stop a phone call in time.

Anyhow, need to see the deputy head at dd's school tomorrow. I just need a magic wand to make everything better for the poor mite. Anyone got one going spare? You can have it back when I've finished with it.... Promise!
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sending hugs lovely lady, sounds like you need them at the moment.
    xx

Ah good. Glad it will go to a good home!
    I shall sort the fabric out over the weekend and get it on the way to you next week. :D

xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Magic wand on its way. Take it easy. Hope school meeting went ok.

Best wishes Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the meeting went well apple x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Am really grateful that dd's school take it all seriously. Talked to deputy head and dd's class teacher before school. Back-to-back meetings got in the way of dep head doing anything today, and she was truly upset to reach hometime without being sble to see dd. But dd wants to meet with her class teacher anyway, which will be arranged for Mon.

Thamk you for posting and for sending hugs and a magic wand.

Am seriously considering NOT doing the 4 days... But 3. Needs more thought...
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Hugs from me too! Hope things get sorted and settled soon - and also with the decision on the days. It sounds like there's an awful lot on your plate at the moment, don't worry about taking the time you need to make the right decision for you xx

PS. I have about a million tabs open with posts from your thread I keep meaning to reply too, lol. I'll get a proper moment one of these days..! PS. Loved the fat ball recipe, cashew butter yummmm! X
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I have just heard the commentators mention Sutton Coldfield during the RSA vs Samoa match at Villa Park. That's where I grew up!

A good morning. Made - and iced - cakes for dd (and me) by 9.30. Got dd up, fed, dressed and generally ready for dance classes and off we trotted. Realised that she had seem me knitting in between classes, but was fobbed off with 'this is very pretty wool isn't it?' Phew. And then later this afternoon when I had to carry her in after a trip, she saw the finished product on the sofa briefly - as I lunged to grab it! She thinks it is a bag. Tee hee. It is a dress for her bui1dabears! I am most smug and proud of myself!

After lunch, we wandered up to the local coffee shop, but it was hosting a party so we went to c0sta where they told us that the strawberry creamer thingy did contain gluten. When asked which ingredient it was, they didn't know, but did dig out the allergens sheet. We pointed out that it had a capital N by all the gluten-containing ingredients, and the manager said it contained milk. Yep, but milk doesn't contain gluten. He was surprised. But it contains soya. Yep, but soya doesn't contain gluten. They truly had no idea!! Apparently nobody had ever asked before...

Anyhow, we had a nice time together, which was much needed.

Latest info is that dss + gf are looking to rent a 1-bed place, not a house/flat share, which effectively doubles what they will pay, and doesn't seem to include bills, c tax... They have no furniture so will need furnished. And somewhere to park the car. We have been given some more rent, which is good.

Found 1p roadkill, dh paid for the coffees and some stuff from aldee (dd decided she needed the loo so she and I headed back to c0sta) but I'll not count it as an NSD as it was only by chance. I've started sewing up limbs and ears for the 8 bunnies that are cut out, and am now knitting a hat to go with the b-a-b dress. And dh is cooking tea.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I have a cold. It has been threatening to emerge for several days but I've managed to keep a lid on it. Until now. I decided last night that dd and I wouldn't be going to church (we are such part-timers!) so dh could take the car. Have already had a lovely hot bath - with epsom salts and olbas oil - so am feeling clean.

So it will be a quiet day. There is plenty of rugby on to keep my brain occupied, if I can wrestle the remote from dd. I fear she will win as I am rather pathetic...
  • Luckyinlife
    Options
    The cold i myself have stoped it showing up i was shopping the other day and the amount of people coughing and sneezing was crazy lol

Rugby should be good today yesterday was amazing :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure