Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    A good meeting with dd's class teacher and the Deputy Head.

Dd and friend then went to cheerleading, so won't be doing it on a weds morning. And it gets my steps up and over 15k - yay.

Off to collect them in 10 mins - at least it is near enough to come home and relax for a little while before heading out again.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit late to the party but happy anniversary :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Monkeychops16
    Options
    Financially Independent, Retire Early. Think it came from MrMoneyMustache, but not sure. It's a great goal!

Oh great thank you. I love that idea too :T
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Wednesday may entail:

- cheerleading - yep, dd + friend want to do both sessions!
    - watching HUTH - not seen it in aaaaages
    - bunny turning the right way round and stuffing (am neglecting september's targrt)
    - chicken stock + apples
    - go for a walk after dropping dd + friend and before HUTH
    - hmmm, can't think of any more just now!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh has a lot on his plate at the'mo, amd was happy to hear me reiterate that in just over 3 years, we'll be mortgage free and have more choices. He could evem grt a job he can walk to! We are both blessed with jobs we mainly enjoy and are pretty much aligned for living simply. Tis good.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    HUTH is just finishing. Girls dropped at cheerleading. Walk accomplished. Dropped some books through the library letterbox (for when they are closed) and have since realised I posted one of my own books by mistake!!!! Can't get there until Friday now...

Limbs and a few bodies stuffed. Now I need to open up another pillow for more stuffing.

Was going to go out again and look for discount vouchers for a circus that is coming to town. However, the Weds performance is discounted hugely anyway, so we'll go for that one.

I may now clean the floors. Not done it, possibly since we had the laminate laid... We got the sort of laminate with a 'V' groover between the 'planks' and I've been concerned that the water will just go down the gap and ruin the floor. Thought last night that using a damp spongy thingy may work. Why the sudden urge to clean the floors? Because out socks are FILTHY!!!!

Bought a crafting magazine today: it has a pattern for a doll's dress and I want to make it (and several variations) for dd for Cmas.

Marple is on so I'll let that potter on in the background whilst I clean...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Completed another day at work, so all finished for the week.

I'd forgotten that I'm going on a trip with dd's class tomorrow, up to Lunnon town, on public transport. 3 classes are going so they'll definitely have to stagger the departure times...

Dh rescued my posted book from the library for me. Better read it now.

Picked a good handful of rasps, 4 apples that I could reach and most of the tomatoes - they are not red, or even tinged with orange, but they are getting so little sunshine at the mo that I've decided to put them on the windowsill (which also gets v little light!!) and see what happens. So that is my harvesting done for this week.

Am all worn out, so off to read a real book. Pearla, I'll not be as organised as you, but I'll make an effort...!

Aha! Have booked tickets to the circus for next Weds. Dd and me. Special cheapish price. There must be a rush for tickets as we are numbers...4 and 5!

Note to self: eating sugar makes my face itch, so stop it!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I am all worn out! A day in Lunnon with dd's class and the other y3 class; lots of walking; various downpours of rain... We did have it dry until after we'd had lunch in St James' Park (phew!), but thereafter, it was simply miserable. I am glad to be home. (and ss is cooking us a roast dinner - nice :D)

Anyhow, I got over 15k steps - 3rd time this week :T.

Am secretly knitting a doll's dress for dd and loving the furtiveness. :cool:

Having done a little reading around, it would seem that NOW is the time to plant those hyacinths. Now I just need to find somewhere cool and safe to store them.

I want to do dd and dh a Cmas eve hamper, so have subscribed to a thread or two along those lines to get some ideas.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh sat with dd tonight to get her to sleep, so that I could watch the rugby (and knit). I have been doing both - go me!

And he'll take her to dance tomorrow, so I get some more time to myself :D.

Library returns, aldee shop (incl flowers for lovely neighbour's bday), washing, hyacinth planting, stuffing, sewing... I'll be rocking it!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the upsets from your home invaders - however, am also glad to see that the most recent posts from you are sounding more positive! :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure