Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• symphony63
    symphony63 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Had you given these details earlier it would have clarified some of the events.

As the medical emergency occurred on the way out to you and because Tel Aviv is not an EJ main base, where spare flight crew are available, I would not claim.

It is my moral opinion that an aircraft being diverted for the sake of another passengers health is an extraordinary circumstance and I would not want it any other way.

If I was delayed for a few hours, due to an effort to save someones life, I would not attempt to claim a monetary benefit from that situation.

Whether my moral opinion is also backed up by the regulations is a matter of opinion. However, I do feel that a judge would opine that there was no time or opportunity for EJ to correct the situation prior to the delay.

Good luck.
    Morality is a personal opinion or feeling. I asked what the regulations state.
    I was on the flight with an infant and I was not treated very morally by EJ.
    If the regulations say that compensation is due I will decide if I morally will accept or not.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 March 2017 at 4:50PM
    Options
    EJ have zero morals.
    They are morally bankrupt and
    their moral deficit runs into trillions.
    Claim.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • BlueJimbo257
    Options
    Hi all

I had a flight cancelled by EasyJet in October. Didn't really agree with their reason behind the cancellation (that they knew before they left there would be a delay so made no provision for this), but that's another matter at the moment.

When the flight was cancelled the replacement flight was booked for the following day. So the airline had to provide us with the usual overnight accommodation, food and drink, transport, calls etc. Only problem was that they failed to provide any of this and we had to foot the bill ourselves. Long story short, flight cancelled at 11am and by 9pm we were finally told by the hotel the last 20 passengers had no more rooms and we had to arrange our own. Rang around and found one.

Get back to the UK and now EasyJet aren't going to reimburse the calls we had to make to find our own accommodation. It's taken over 35 attempts to contact them regarding this. Call centre in South Africa doesn't have a clue and won't give you their surname as it's 'against company policy' so you can never track anyone down. The social media team are a joke. They take about 3 weeks at a time to respond to emails. Absolutely ridiculous.

Firstly, any ideas how I can get through to them that they need to reimburse these costs?
    Secondly, never fly with them!
    Thirdly, if you have no option but to fly with them, don't EVER try and claim any money back from them. Get them to pay for everything up front!

Have had similar encounters with other budget airlines which have been fine with the situation. There's budget airlines and there's EasyJet!
  • skint_chick
    skint_chick Posts: 872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you submit the online claim form with all your booking details? What reason did they give for cancelling your flight? I had a flight cancelled in November and had expenses and 250euro each refunded within a couple of weeks without having to call, I just submitted the online forms for each and uploaded receipts and proofs.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Download and read Vaubans guide and follow the advice. This should be on the Easyjet thread
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Get back to the UK and now EasyJet aren't going to reimburse the calls we had to make to find our own accommodation.

So it's just the phone calls that haven't been reimbursed? You've had your food, hotel and E250?
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Joosh
    Joosh Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi guys,

An EasyJet flight a family member was on, due to go from Gibraltar back to Bristol UK recently was delayed by over 24 hrs in Gibraltar due to a bird strike on the incoming aircraft.

Eventually they flew home from Malaga, over a day later.

I have chased this up with EasyJet on behalf of the aforementioned family member as they do not have the confidence/capability to do it themselves.

EasyJet have replied classing bird strikes as Exceptional Circumstances, however I've heard that this may not be true due to the airline paying the airport for bird clearing services, plus the fact that bird strikes may be a normal occurrence during standard airline ways of business.

Also, I don't see how it takes over 24 hours to get people on a replacement plane back from Gibraltar. It's a 2-3hr flight.

Could it be argued that bird strikes are not exceptional circumstances and that easyJet did not do all in their power to reduce the delay?

They have been very stubborn so far, despite my citing of some court cases disagreeing with the easyJet decision.

Cheers,
    Joosh
  • Joosh
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Joosh
    Options
    Hi guys,

An EasyJet flight a family member was on, due to go from Gibraltar back to Bristol UK recently was delayed by over 24 hrs in Gibraltar due to a bird strike on the incoming aircraft.

Eventually they flew home from Malaga, over a day later.

I have chased this up with EasyJet on behalf of the aforementioned family member as they do not have the confidence/capability to do it themselves.

EasyJet have replied classing bird strikes as Extraordinary Circumstances, however I've heard that this may not be true due to the airline paying the airport for bird clearing services, plus the fact that bird strikes may be a normal occurrence during standard airline ways of business.

Also, I don't see how it takes over 24 hours to get people on a replacement plane back from Gibraltar. It's a 2-3hr flight.

Could it be argued that bird strikes are not extraordinary circumstances and that easyJet did not do all in their power to reduce the delay?

They have been very stubborn so far, despite my citing of some court cases disagreeing with the easyJet decision.

Cheers,
    Joosh
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport