Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well finally, my new mortgage payment figure has been taken off my mortgage and at this rate, will reduce at a snails pace :(

I now need to re-adjust all my workings out, but basically for every £100 extra I pay :D takes a month off my mortgage term :j (which was 5 years plus some months left)

I do think I'm getting a bit lazy with it all :o (keeping tally of o/p's) as feel I'm so close ;) yet, so far :(

Going to try and get right up to date with it all at the weekend or during next week :T

Still rounding down which is making a huge difference to me:j :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Had a good laugh today, after opening my mail.

There it was - letter asking me if I wanted to sell my shares, tempting as it is, I think I'll leave them there for now. Strange how I look at figures amounts and think - Oh, that would be 6 months of my mortgage and so on.

2nd Letter opened, and that's where the fun starts, (after reading my interest rate is going up :() they then tell me my new monthly mortgage amount . . . is £10 less :D than the amount I had just paid 8 days ago, so in 8 days it looks like I have taken £10 off my monthly payments for 5 years :think:,

oh it's too late for maths, (Bexster, where are you - oh, that's right your not a maths teacher :p) anyway doesn't like/sound right to me, but can not believe my mortgage is now under £90 :dance::dance::dance:(thud !!! just fell off me chair - again) :doh:a month, however you all know, that is not what I will be paying, ;) but nice to have a chuckle, in fact very soon I think the interest will end up more than the mortgage :D or :eek: (Sorry, to rub it in ;) )
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hello :D

Where was I? Fast asleep you night owl you!!

Put some details up, and I will give it a scientist look :p;)

It is likely to be because they have restructured your payments over a longer term? I'm afraid I wouldn't make my own head hurt too much about it on a beautiful Saturday morning. As you say, headline payment is pretty irrelevant. On the plus side, nice to only have to pay £90 per month mortgage if you ever needed to

Bexster :)
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a fabulous position to be in. I think we are about 5 years and 7 months behind you...
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    Under £90 a month, that's amazing! And that must have been quite a funny letter, 'the interest rates are going up, so here is your new monthly payment of £10 less than before'. Reminds me of the time I got a letter from Southern Water saying I needed to urgently pay the £0 I owed them, complete with a pre-completed £0 bank payment slip attached. :rotfl:
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Thanks all - no idea how this has happened.

Bexster - surely I've not o/p that much in 10 days - and surely they do not keep re-calculating the mortgage payment, I can imagine receiving letter eventually stating - your new monthly payment is £1.97 for the next 3 years :rotfl:

SJ - believe it or not, that is the exact time I have left to pay when I re-mortgaged just over 2 years ago :beer:, so with your o/p's could be in much less time :)

julicorn - Great letter re the 0.00 you owe them, would be nice to receive a letter from the mortgage lender saying the same . . . one day, one day :D
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    julicorn - Great letter re the 0.00 you owe them, would be nice to receive a letter from the mortgage lender saying the same . . . one day, one day :D

Now THAT is the dream! :j
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    julicorn wrote: »
    Under £90 a month, that's amazing! And that must have been quite a funny letter, 'the interest rates are going up, so here is your new monthly payment of £10 less than before'. Reminds me of the time I got a letter from Southern Water saying I needed to urgently pay the £0 I owed them, complete with a pre-completed £0 bank payment slip attached. :rotfl:

Wonder how much it would have been, had the interest not went up :D
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    No clue AFK!

These things ( alongside energy calculations and pension predictions) are clearly calculated using voodoo magic. A skill I never perfected :D

I wouldn't worry as I mentioned before. £22.50 a week mortgage. Yes please!

Bexster :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    It's been a while since posting on here, but as such - been holding me breath till my next payday, which as it happens is tomorrow :j
    Not a lot to report - money wise - overspent, done a mid weekly shop, so should keep me going into the middle of next week and freezer has breathing space again, not as much as last night though - I would go buy these 10 ice lollies, even if I think summer has now left the building.

So need the final push in the next 4 months - watch this space :rotfl:I'm going for it !!! with all my might.

Oh, yes, eventually got that back money - waited that long that it doesn't even feel like a bonus now - all a bit of a deflated bonus as such, and as going for it ;) - will o/p and if I need the cash later, will hold back some of my o/p in the next couple of months.

Just bought mini fillets for £2 and reckon I can get 6 meals out of it by adding this and that, so pleased with myself at the very thought of saving even more.

Just referred a workmate for tcb, another £10 coming my way, should be £15 but promised them all a donut if I got the referral bonus :o they'll do anything for a donut :rotfl:!!!

Side line hotting up after my set back, so got thinking cap on and changed tactics :shhh:

Eagerly waiting to see what they take off for my mortgage payment this month - could end up paying as much as 4-5 times more as o/p's. Going to make a chart with the amount of months they are telling me I have left - then score off the months as I make o/p's - another incentive for me, to see the months drop off :j

That's all for now, hope everyone is well - have been trying to keep up with all the diaries, but not always possible, as side line takes every spare moment just now.

Oh, and I still have 00.00 at the end of my mortgage - along with 2 x 4's in it :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure