This Duo's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quick update, today I am officially on 31% paid. I am £100 off paying a whole third off my debt. I will do this, I will beat it and I will never be in debt again (not counting student debt or mortgage).

Not counting any savings I have towards the overpayment until I have the whole amount stashed away somewhere.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Well done Duo! That sounds like amazing progress :)
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Quick update, today I am officially on 31% paid. I am £100 off paying a whole third off my debt. I will do this, I will beat it and I will never be in debt again (not counting student debt or mortgage).

Not counting any savings I have towards the overpayment until I have the whole amount stashed away somewhere.

:beer: CONGRATULATIONS! Brilliant news xx
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    That's amazing! 31% gone. Wow xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Amazing repayments, you're doing so well.

Hope you've had a lovely weekend

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Wonderful progress.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Thank you all.

I seem to have lost the ability to manage my time effectively, either that or the hours in each day have reduced, really struggling to keep everything balanced. I feel behind with uni, I barely get on here lately to keep on top of the finances and I haven't managed to earn any extra money in some time. I think tomorrow I am going to try and draw up some kind of plan for the next week, if I struggle with anything then I will amend for the following week. Hopefully this will build up to give me a good routine over the next few months.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Going over my finances this morning. I have updated all the different sections of my spreadsheet, the debt section is hard because the total fluctuates throughout the year as at some parts of the year I have to dip in to my overdraft. When I worked out my total debt figure here I took the highest point of my overdraft usage and included that so my total here does include absolutely everything.

I am feeling positive this morning although a small part of me is worried that I won't have the total amount of the overpayment stashed away by December.

I also still have around £250 to find by 10th April. Going to get listing on ebay today, I don't have anything that is worth a decent amount but anything is better than nothing.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Try to let it weigh you down too much DFD

You've done amazing so far and I'm sure you will continue to do so

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Absolutely anything is better than nothing - baby steps remember - no matter how small you're still going in the right direction.

How are you doing on the time management thing? Might writing a priorities list help - so stuff that needs doing "right now" (world will stop if it doesn't happen) down through "Next 5 days" to "unimportant in the scheme of things - revisit next week" - I find that this can really help with a case of washing-machine-head as it helps you to get things in perspective when it feels that everything is clamouring for attention.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills