PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th May 2017

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I am claiming a victory this week in that I am managing to feed all children and they are dressed in clean uniform for school each day - and have been going to bed at an appropriate time (often swiftly followed by me!) I think that will be about the best I am going to achieve, in all honesty - although I must do some ironing tonight to ensure there are uniforms for tomorrow! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've had enough today, the miserable weather doesn't help. :(

DW on
    S&S bathroom
    Hall, stairs & landing hoovered & polished
    Kitchen hoovered for the millionth time, black flooring ... Big mistake!
    Bin emptied
    Lounge hoovered, furniture polished and 3 drawers cleared & sorted out

Bedrooms & bedding tomorrow before funeral, and hopefully I will get time to clean the Windows next week.

I think we will have a takeaway tonight, I can't be bothered to peel spuds & veg etc, it's a rare treat. :)
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 4:58PM
    Options
    Karenccs67 My OH brought some black furniture with him when he moved in and we still have a desk and bookcase left. They need dusting immediately after they have been done. I will replace them one day as they drive me mad.

I have spent the rest of my day playing with my new steam cleaner.
    I have done the kitchen sink, cooker,cupboard doors, French Windows, loo, bathroom sink, living room windows,front door and door step. I'm hoping it will fit back in its box as storing it will be a problem.

Had to re vac the downstairs as DH's waterproof trouser linings have disintegrated. They went everywhere when I sorted the coat hooks.

Bedside table sorted and lots thrown.

I'm making dinner now.

Hope Squeak is ok x
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thankfully we did all the bedroom yesterday (I must be psychic!) including the windows inside and out. Cos I've pretty much lost today to a filthy migraine, and my shoulder has been agony all day (cue rather more Oramorph than I like taking).

Mr LW had ideas of tidying the front garden today, but it's been persisting down all day, and he's a wimp where rain is concerned. :D

We have to go into town tomorrow; I have just one potato left in the basket; and we need milk, too. So F&V market and @ldi at the very least.

Comfort food tonight - tomato soup (simmering on the stove as I type) with HM bread.

Karen I hope the funeral goes as well as these things can tomorrow.

YL it sounds like you're getting the beastly 'orrible cold that's doing the rounds; Mr LW and I have both had it. Dose yourself up with whatever's your preferred cold remedy, and get as much rest as you can.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good to see you posting again Bossy.
    I hope Pigpen, Mr Pigpen and Squeak are all okay.
    Healing vibes for you Yorkshire Lass.
    Hurrah, ATB! I'd say *kerching* but it's your own money so *kerching* doesn't really apply.
    Grr :mad: about the assignment date, Ionafan. Sounds like you'd feel a bit better with a lot of fresh air and a few early nights.
    Sounds more than enough, GreenT. Sometimes it's all we can do just to keep our head above water, so good on you for managing that.
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Oh yes - I have ordered a new iron.....is it wrong that that was the best part of my day :think:

Nope. That means ironing will be easier and as ironing is a bit froggie, that's a good thing.

It's finally stopped raining so there will be several loads being zipped through the WM and pegged out tonight because I'm mostly out for the next couple of days. Plus which there has been very little flying today as I've been out for most of it, but OH and the lodger are out tonight so I'll zip around with a duster (I can write things in it in some places) and smarten everything up before it all gets 'orrible again. Rare for me to have some semblance of control in most of the house, and my office is a shambles again but hey ho.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I attempted an update yesterday. typed it.. got distracted and forgot to post it.. sorry..

Squeak has ABs and tonsillitis
    Dot has ABs and impetigo
    I have ABs and UTI and IBS and half a pharmacy.

OH actually seems to be enjoying being at work. The hours are a total *female dog* .. I can't sleep once he gets up at 4am.. I have never slept on my own I have terrible nightmares as I have to be touching or able to touch someone at all times.. yes I am a child!!

I am enjoying the 'just me and Twinkle' time at the moment and might actually start on doing a list occasionally when I can be bothered.

Twinkle decided yesterday that she can crawl... and today she shredded an 4rgos book... why do they ALL do that??

Piddling down here all day.. both my coats are hung up drying and OH took dil and Grandbeast home from school to keep them dry.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    OH actually seems to be enjoying being at work.
    Hurray for that! :T Hoping you and your girls get over your ailments as swiftly as possible.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

V v tired but poor DS having nightmares so I keep getting up to settle him. Only an hour of paid stuff tomorrow, then at home all day with DS. DH now away until Sunday.

Will put a wash on first thing, and hopefully peg out as forecast is dry for tomorrow hurrah!

Right, here's hoping he's settled now, I feel like I could sleep for 100 years at the moment....

G'night all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Well at least if the job is going well Pigpen that's something.

I have a bad cold. DS1 is now unemployed. The dog has an eye ulcer (trying not to think how we will pay for an operation if he needs one). DHs acid reflux is playing up (stress?) In the midst of all this DS2 is doing his GCSEs. At least I have real things to worry about not imagined ones!!!

Both lots of paid stuff today. Not sure what else, just trying to keep things clean and tidy and make use of the fact that DS is at home to help.

Oh and the sun is shining here so that's something!
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Supa-mega fail on the bedroom yesterday. But I did do the ironing. Saw (pardon the pun) a tree surgeon about the monster sycamores [STRIKE]threatening to take over the world[/STRIKE] that are too large and close to the house. He's coming back tomorrow and Saturday to fell and log them. One more thing ticked off my list. Aarrgghh...no he's back today...in an hour!!!

I'm not sure where the day went TBH.

Today includes helping a friend transport plaster board to the tip as she knocked down her dining room wall with a hammer yesterday....

Organising my plasterer and carpenter for the day. Site meeting with the foreman after lunch regarding additional drainage and ordering clay paint which is very expensive :eek:

DH has a follow up appointment for his knee replacement surgery and has informed me he has an interview for a promotion next Thursday or Friday. Eek! Wish him luck please!

Right, I must sort out my barnet...

Glad Squeak is on the mend. Sorry but not much else stayed with my tiny brain this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure