PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th May 2017

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 May 2017 at 1:42PM
    Options
    I hope Bossy's okay. Not heard from her for a day or two.

*Healing vibes* for Mr Ionafan and Squeak, together with anyone else under the weather.

Thanks for the suggestions Kazwookie. This dehumidifier has been a proper workhorse and absolutely reliable for years. We've tried it in three different sockets and changed the fuse after which it worked for a bit and then conked out again. Something's not right but we can't find another one that has the same capacity so that I can leave it trudling away at the chalet for a couple of weeks. It really needs a repair but I can't find anyone who's willing to look at it.
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I have an entire pond-full; shall I send some of them your way? :rotfl:

How kind, Lamewolf, for suggesting I could take on some of your pondlife but it's taken me years to eat all of mine so I'm taking a rest from them thank you very much. It's not that there isn't stuff I've got to tackle, it's just that a steady diet of frog fricasse, frog a la mode, frog pancakes, spiced and curried frog with rice and frog fingers - I'm all done with them for the moment.

You sound as though you are straight back in, doing a huge amount again Lynnejk.

Ground floor chivvied back into some semblance of normality. Various hotspots tidied away, things that I need a bit of attention to be fixed piled together so I can tackle them at the same time when I'm in town, and broken things that may have to taken to the dump (sob) all corralled together, too. I might do some filing again to clear that before it becomes a hottter than hot hotspot. I'm learning to loathe hotspots.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm sort of ahead of the List today; for years we've done the bathroom at the weekends because I can't manage to do a proper job on it unaided, and we've continued thus even after Mr LW retired, so today's room has already been done.

Just as well though; as I lost a bit of time this morning. Since the problem with my shoulder, the routine has been that once we've both had our bath in the morning, Mr LW puts the infrasound machine on my shoulder for a bit (I can't reach to do it myself) and then help me dress; so this morning I was waiting for him to come and do this as usual.... and waiting.... and waiting.... finally I investigated, to find him sat in the lounge with his nose in a book. :mad:

I feel a need to get out somewhere; apart from a bit of tidying in the back garden, I haven't left the house for a week now; but there's nothing I need to get at present, and the weather isn't very good for getting the buggy out and just going for a trundle. Roll on Friday, when Cassie arrives.;)

GWS vibes for all those who are poorly or just under the weather.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2xwm done plus a towel wash
    Ground floor vaccummed

Flying done in Parents' kitchen as they had a visitor

I have treated myself to a perspex makeup organiser for my bedside table (frog). I will tackle this later.
  • rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone, and today's list. Bathroom cleaned and some admin jobs completed today- time to sit down with a book I think!
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    . Today, as well as the list, I need to

- Do three hours paid stuff DONE
    - Take something back to a shop - NOT DONE, WILL DO TOMORROW
    - Send above letter NOT DONE - BAD ATB

- Buy some mushrooms - DONE
    - Shuffle some money into savings - DONE
    - Collect DS from MiL - DONE
    - Visit grandma - DONE
    - Go and pay in a cheque - NOT DONE - TOMORROW
    - Chase up some consultancy money owed to me - DONE

Will draft said letter now so I can print and post first thing tomorrow. Just doing kiddies tea, then will vacuum and steam floors (again - will this rain and it's accompanying muddiness ever end). DH will be home late.

Really hope Bossy is ok xx
    Hope today has been less problematic YL xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been on my long drive today, saw the coast 24C, parked up for a walk around on the way back, next to me pulled in a large white car and out got 3 coppers, an unmarked police car, they wander off and the car was talking to itself, must have been the radios or similar.

Dinner done
    DW on
    it is raining so evening garden is out...........
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all. Quite quiet on here so I'm assume everyone is busy flying.

Before the job search today I did most of the dailies and dusted the dusty bits in the HSL. Have also done two dog walks.

About to go out this evening and tomorrow I have to go into the office.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm on my own time scale today as Mr N has gone away for a few days with some biker friends. Would have been nice to go but I've 6 reports to finish and various other bits in the last couple of weeks of uni work before I go on holiday.

- posted parcel
    - did zumba
    - went to physio
    - 2 loads of washing done; 1 dry, brought in and put away the rest still on the line. Hot hear today.
    - finished and emailed a report
    - will finish another this eve
    - took MIL to library, got her a new card and a book
    - filled bird feeders
    - watered some plants
    - did a bit of tidying in the bedroom
    - caught up with loads of emails

Feeling hungry now so I guess I'll eat next! After meal will:
    - finish report
    - sort out paperwork for next 2 days of assessments
    - download week 4 of C25K

Let's not put anything else on
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone,

I started off with good intentions but ended up with a tummy ache and decided to have a soak in a hot bath but I did clean the bathroom including hoovering and steam cleaning the floor. 2 X WM, be rude not to take advantage of the warm weather and get the washing dry. I've cleaned up the kitchen tonight too.

I'm a new convert to Zoflora, apart from being antibacterial and it smells lovely, it's money saving too, does anyone else use it?
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Evening all,

Paid stuff done, daily stuff done. Tomorrow is going to be massively busy and stressful, so tonight I'm going to have an early night and conserve my energy!
    iona healing vibes to your DH, hope he improves x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport