PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th May 2017

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 May 2017 at 6:57AM
    Options
    Morning all.
    Happy Cassie Day, LW :j
    Hope that you're on the mend, YL, and that Biscuit and atb got some sleep.

I managed a lot of things off my list yesterday, but ended up spending most of the day replying to a dozen emails from my placement supervisor, planning what I am going to do in the remaining 8 weeks (but I'm hoping that I will complete all my hours before then, so that I can finish early) and writing up the placement agreement. Fortunately my supervisor was happy to sign what I had written!

I did manage to get out in the garden for a short time and plant out a few more plants on the rockery. Still a lot to do, though, and now the fence panels are wet again after overnight rain.

Today DH has to go for his scan at 11.00 and wants to take me out to lunch afterwards (or an early evening meal, depending on how long we are tied up at the horse piddle :rotfl:) but I have developed a sore throat and sinusitis on one side, so I might have to cancel that - anyway, we've got plenty of food in the fridge, ready to eat, and I would hate to waste any of it.

Plan is to do reading first. I must also organise a birthday e-card for one of my German friends and a proper card for DS1's half-birthday on Sunday - his actual birthday is too near Christmas for his liking. I might even bake a cake for him, if time allows. And if I've still got any voice this evening, I must go to choir practice: if not, I'll go in the garden again.

The top hinge on the fixed side of the folding shower door in the ensuite has snapped (was DH too heavy handed???) and now I've got to find a way of repairing it - I don't want to have to buy a whole new door and frame after less than 4 years :( DH's old neighbour is coming to stay with us for a week in the middle of June, so it's got to be in working order by then. Just another thing sent to try us... :(

Hope everyone has a good day, and that those with builders in are seeing real progress x
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All :)

Thanks Iona - another rubbish night's sleep, poor DS now has a very heavy cold, so he is dosed up with calpol. He couldn't breathe properly in the night so I laid with him propped up next to me.

Got loooads to do today, and will be treating myself to a well deserved glass of wine tonight. Just about to fold the dry washing, then will get myself and kiddies dressed. Have already unloaded and reloaded DW, and done some online banking.

I suspect I will be in bed shortly after kiddies tonight!

Big hugs all round xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone. Hope the poorlies feel better soon, and have fun with Cassie LW.

Yesterday after I posted I managed to S&S the downstairs loo. Nothing done yet today except eat breakfast, so I'm just about to wash the dishes, then I'll see if there's time to take a look at the list around other dailies.

I have an interview later today (for a temporary job). Posivibes welcome please.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    I have an interview later today (for a temporary job). Posivibes welcome please.

Oodles of posivibes heading your way, Jazee. Good luck!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2017 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Thanks Ionafan.

I have just S&S'd the kitchen.

Magazine rack now sorted.
    Tops of cupboards, doors & skirtings dusted in LR.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Raining here as well
    Down stairs all hoovered, cat hair now gone
    Rubbish in bin
    General sorting started for the day
    Got to do some work for job 2 admin type stuff
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck Jazee...

Morning all

Happy flying!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sharing my joy.. I'm all organised today..

Cottage pie made and in te oven for dinner.. the CLEAN oven.. clean!! go me!!
    2x cuppa..
    girls at school on time.. despite it raining and them being in their wellies!
    cheque in bank.. expectinig them to ring as it is from my Argos card which I have had forever so not in CF's surname because I never bothered changing it.

wrapping ebeast parcels to post later and I need to go to chemist.. head lice treatment.. just in case.. they were seen last weekend so I'll redo this weekend to make sure we got them all. I need atheletes foot powder for OH and blue toothpaste for Dot.. she won't use any other colour!

And I ate toast.. remembered childrens ABs and fed the skinny cat.

And I shall pay a bill or 2 while I'm at here.

and my oven's clean.. did I mention that?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Posi vibes Jazee xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :hello: Afternoon,

Funeral went as expected.

I only managed the basics yesterday. We are going away tomorrow for 3 nights so today I've only done the basics again, I'm packing tonight but in the meantime I'm supposed to take the car to be washed but it's torrential here, a bit pointless really.

Pizza for dinner meaning minimal washing up :j

Have a lovely weekend and I will catch up next week :beer:
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure