Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Moosechan_2
    Moosechan_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 6 February at 2:59PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];69335029]Do you have adverse credit history Moosechan?[/QUOTE]

Yes unfortuantely, but we have a AIP for 70% from Precise :)
    Debt Free: January 2016 :rotfl:
    Exchanged & Completed: 16/12/2015 :T
    NOT A "DIY"ER
  • Moosechan_2
    Options
    Mudd14 wrote: »
    Hi there,

We are FTB and currently applying for a mortgage online through HSBC (non advisory route).

10/10/05 Applied online
    14/10/15 Sent documents (payslips etc) sent via HSBC online document sender

I'm told once all the documents are received it takes around 5-7 working days for the underwriter to pick it up and give an answer.

Couple of questions...
    Has anyone had any experience applying through HSBC?
    Do you need the valuation sorted before the mortgage offer is made?
    Can anyone see any issues in our application? - 100k joint earnings, 300k house with 10% deposit (270k mortgage), credit record is good, 11k in credit card debt.

I personally haven't used HSBC but I do work in Estate Agency.

Your mortgage company will arrange the valuation and your advisor at HSBC will let you know when to pay for this.

The best thing to do is be completely honest in your application and anything that may be detremental and my best advice is monitor your credit file. I use experian and have honestly been better with my credit since I started using this as I can see my credit rating going up all the time and this gives me such a thrill :D
    Debt Free: January 2016 :rotfl:
    Exchanged & Completed: 16/12/2015 :T
    NOT A "DIY"ER
  • househuntingmad
    Options
    Should have joined this thread earlier but had my mortgage offer notification come through from Nationwide after valuation this morning! Submitted full application last Tuesday, so pretty pleased with how it's all going !
  • xxlauxx
    xxlauxx Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Should have joined this thread earlier but had my mortgage offer notification come through from Nationwide after valuation this morning! Submitted full application last Tuesday, so pretty pleased with how it's all going !

Wow that's super quick!
    We are applying through nationwide too, had our application looks at and affordability approved Tuesday, and valuation is Monday. Fingers crossed we get an offer quickly afterwards! Fingers firmly crossed!
  • Jackofalltrades29
    Options
    Monobrow who is your mortgage with?
  • sparkle01
    Options
    xxlauxx wrote: »
    Nationwide had booked valuation for Monday... Anyone used nationwide and know how long after valuation offer was sent?
    Has already been to underwriters for affordability as I had been told it was approved.
    Brilliant news......As long as valuation okay, you should get the offer shortly after:
  • mashmash90
    Options
    Connor73 wrote: »
    Yipeeeee mortgage offer received today:)

Congrats! Received mine in the post yesterday too!

Good luck to everyone on here, I have to say this forum has kept me sane during the process!:j
  • MooBrain999
    Options
    We got our full mortgage offer through yesterday.

Visiting the solicitors today to kick things off.

Congrats :) few are a few weeks behind you and so hoping for a yes
  • Monobrow
    Options
    With Natwest. It's been 10 days from application to payment taken for survey. Hopefully valuation take place soon and we'll have offer!!
    Fingers crossed for you all 😃
  • kellaree
    kellaree Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone here waiting for an offer from Leeds? I've been told by my buyer that they STILL haven't had an offer even though the valuation was carried out on the 4th September and showed no issues.

Does this sound likely or am I being fed a line? They want to go with another lender now which has made me suspicious.

We were led to believe that the offer was given weeks ago and they've even visited to measure up.....knowing they hadn't had an official offer.... really frustrated right now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback