The Unneccesary Challenge

Options

Comments

• lambanana
    lambanana Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh I'd already decided I was going to do this before I saw this thread! I usually have a "stuff" budget which includes clothes and things that I don't really need but I've been going over repeatedly so only having £10 in my purse and not taking more out sounds like a plan to me!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member #398 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    CC: £6412.95 (0% APR until Feb 2015 which I'm hoping is also my DFD!)
    Currently awaiting the outcome of a PPI claim which may bring forward my DFD, fingers and toes crossed!
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi All,

I want to join you in this new challenge. CAFCgirl has had a terrible effect on me. First chance today to visit town since Lent challenge ended and I couldn't bring myself to spend on anything unnecessary for myself. I bought some plants from Aldi costing £11.97 and took water to drink. I've set up a new online bank account to put my £10s into. Most of my spends are online!
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • ShirleyPark_2
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I want to join you in this new challenge. CAFCgirl has had a terrible effect on me. First chance today to visit town since Lent challenge ended and I couldn't bring myself to spend on anything unnecessary for myself. I bought some plants from Aldi costing £11.97 and took water to drink. I've set up a new online bank account to put my £10s into. Most of my spends are online!

What plants did you get ?
    Debts: Mum £3923 0% APR
  • kiwi88_2
    kiwi88_2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    Hi peeps

For all those re packed lunches and meal planning queries here's a great link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=346932 Post 3 for packed lunches. Thanks go to Penelope Penguin of course for putting it all in one place :T

No spend for me so far. Gosh I've missed saying that :rotfl:
    MFiT Member No 85
    :money: Martin says NO :money:
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!

I did start the Lent challenge. I failed miserably... :o:o:o

Anyway my spending is getting out of control again.

I shall start properly on Wednesday as thats when I get paid.

When my loveyl darling :rolleyes: children are in bed, I shall work out my necessary spends between 18th April - 18th May & go from there.

£10 a week is good. It'll cover my magazine habit ;)

Lisa
  • jet77
    jet77 Posts: 1,586 Forumite
    Options
    I too started the Lent challenge but did not finish - that's why I request a PM'd kick up the rear end if any1 notices that I've been absent 4 a couple of days - that way I think I wd feel guilty and get str8 back on track.

Day 1 has been a success for me. I've worked out my budget and stuck to it and have spent none of my wkly tenner at all yet - it is safely in its dedicated envelope awaiting a well deserved night out on Thursday for a friends birthday. Would I be able to 'borrow' a fiver from next weeks tenner?
    JUST DO IT ONE BRICK AT A TIME
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
    Weekly Budget: groceries£50/petrol£50/Unnecesary£15
    DEBT PAID = 58% (£4,212/£8216):T
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    right Jet, shall we kick each others asses ;)

The envolope thing is Very Good!

Now, in a shop, would one (me!) look silly dividing my shopping up & paying for each bit (mag for me/then food/smellies) out of seperate envolopes?!

Lisa
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I hope not because I always pay for different stuff from different pockets! I do have men in white coats following me around though!
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • jet77
    Options
    The envelopes are where I store the money in the correct change e.g. Train Fare envelope will contain correct change for me to be able to grab 3.10 out of every day. It means that I never have any more money on me than I need. I also have left my card in the drawer. Any money left in an envelope is taken off the budget for the next week.

I'm logging my target and actual weekly spends on a s/sheet.
  • jet77
    Options
    I thought they were following me Kaz lol