Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• ChelseaTrub
    Options
    Was with SP a few years back, left and went to EDF but decided to come back as their rates were better.
    So switched online via the Energy Club, but when I went to register for my online account I was told that my email address was already in use and so couldn't be used. After 3 phone calls to their helpline (the last of which I was told that I had to change my address and that I had moved house... I refused to change email and I haven't move in over 25 years), and two emails I took to Twitter and that seemed to get a response form somebody who at least understood what I was talking about.

I thought all was well when I got sent an email saying that all had been sorted and I just needed to log in with a new password. But no such luck, it now just keeps sending me round in circles.

At this rate it will be a very short agreement with SP, just glad it has no early exit charges!!

I can't be the only person to have come back to SP and who wants to keep the same email address? Come on SP, it is the 21st century!!
  • greensman01
    Options
    SP worked well for me until this year.
    Since Feb i have submitted 7 meter reads yet only got 1 online bill - after 4 email requests.
    My deal ended on 31st Oct and I applied for a new one at their suggestion on 10th Oct but have heard nothing since.
    I currently have a credit balance of almost £700 of which I have asked for a refund - no reply yet!
    All web mails and e mails get a standard reply of 'we will contact you within 5/10/28 **(delete as applicable) days' - but they never do.
    I gave 1 weeks notice that if I did not receive a reply I would change supplier "we will answer within 5 working days" - they havent and so I have!
    Vote with your feet against inefficient, ignorant and appalling customer service

UPDATE:
    Having emailed ScoPo to tell them their 5 days were up and I would be leaving I got an automated reply telling me that my query had been received and that I need do nothing further whilst a full investigation takes place "we will contactyou in 10 working days"

The incompetence just snowballs - it is little wonder nothing gets sorted when time is spent (allegedly) investigating their own out of date investigations
  • cgk1
    cgk1 Posts: 1,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's been a shambles since I started with then four months ago - it's impossible for me to enter meter readings, they promise to fix it and nothing happens. Moreover, they have never taken a payment from my DD and again they say they will fix it but it never happens - time to transfer away I think.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    A work colleague left SP but they continued to take the DD. This, it seems, is a common problem and please cancel the DD if you are leaving.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    Well, the Ombudsman has spoken. After 170 days, SP has been unable to set up my gas account, accept meter readings or provide a bill.

They are instructed to:
    • update me with progress on technical issue in respect of my gas account;
    • produce an accurate dual fuel bill;
    • backdate the agreed tariff to when the supply transferred;
    • send me an apology;
    • offer me a payment plan;
    • credit my account with £75 as a gesture of goodwill.

They have 28 days in which to do all this. I'm not holding my breath.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Red_balloon
    Red_balloon Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 November 2014 at 11:47PM
    Options
    I was with Scottish power for a year and when my fixed tariff ended we moved to coop. Just as the transfer was going through scottish power called and offered a better deal if we stay. We agreed but the switch happened, we were with coop for a month before returning to scottish power.

The issue

Scottish power never confirmed our actual meter reads to coop so they have estimated our bills, the result we are being charged twice for energy.

My new tariff hasn't been concluded so I can't submit an actual meter read!

I now have coop chasing for payment on an estimated bill.

I spoke to Scottish power in the summer and their rep said he would conclude my old account and the actual reads would be sent to coop, then this would allow them to confirm meter reads, allowing me to put my meter reads into my new scottish power account. This NEVER happened. Coop are chasing for payment.

I have been trying to contact Scottish power for almost a month, I've spent over an hour on hold, been cut off without getting through twice, their hold music is extremely quiet and fades in and out. I wrote a letter and sent it to their customer services email, which they are supposed to return to within 5 working days, nothing, I have resent this email 3 times in the past month....now I have copied in ofgem!

I wondered if anyone else is struggling to contact them?

Thanks
  • vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Options
    I was with Scottish power for a year and when my fixed tariff ended we moved to coop. Just as the transfer was going through scottish power called and offered a better deal if we stay. We agreed but the switch happened, we were with coop for a month before returning to scottish power.

The issue

Scottish power never confirmed our actual meter reads to coop so they have estimated our bills, the result we are being charged twice for energy.

My new tariff hasn't been concluded so I can't submit an actual meter read!

I now have coop chasing for payment on an estimated bill.

I spoke to Scottish power in the summer and their rep said he would conclude my old account and the actual reads would be sent to coop, then this would allow them to confirm meter reads, allowing me to put my meter reads into my new scottish power account. This NEVER happened. Coop are chasing for payment.

I have been trying to contact Scottish power for almost a month, I've spent over an hour on hold, been cut off without getting through twice, their hold music is extremely quiet and fades in and out. I wrote a letter and sent it to their customer services email, which they are supposed to return to within 5 working days, nothing, I have resent this email 3 times in the past month....now I have copied in ofgem!

Thanks

Email all these with full explanation and keep on at them too

[EMAIL="keith.anderson@scottishpower.com"]keith.anderson@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="colin.mcneill@scottishpower.com"]colin.mcneill@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="sheila.duncan@scottishpower.com"]sheila.duncan@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="neil.clitheroe@scottishpower.com"]neil.clitheroe@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="CustomerServiceDirector@scottishpower.co.uk"]CustomerServiceDirector@scottishpower.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • maas
    maas Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SP has just been slapped by OFGEM. Fix your business or you'll be blocked from taking on new customers. :j

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/scottishpower-must-meet-ofgem%E2%80%99s-customer-service-targets-or-face-sales-ban
    ScottishPower must:

Significantly improve the speed of answering customer calls by the end of January. It will publish weekly progress reports from the end of November, detailing the call waiting times.

Reduce the number of overdue bills. Today more than 75,000 are late; this must drop to 30,000 by the end of December.

Completely remove the backlog for acting on Ombudsman decisions for individual complaints by the end of November.

Each month ScottishPower will publish its progress towards these commitments on its website. If it misses any of its targets its proactive sales activities will instantly be suspended.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options

Oh, the irony......
    Je suis sabot...
  • greensman01
    Options
    UPDATE:
    Having emailed ScoPo to tell them their 5 days were up and I would be leaving I got an automated reply telling me that my query had been received and that I need do nothing further whilst a full investigation takes place "we will contactyou in 10 working days"

The incompetence just snowballs - it is little wonder nothing gets sorted when time is spent (allegedly) investigating their own out of date investigations

a further update.
    Following the advice of vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv above I this morning, at 7.45) e mailed all the shown 'big wigs'.
    I had two replies by 10.30 telling me that my case had been made a priority and would be fully resolved within 5 days - "here we go again" I thought.
    At 12.05 I got a further e mail detailing my bills over the past 5 months, an apology, a £75 credit to my account and a balance refund to be sent out tomorrow for over £440.

Go to the top and by pass all the crap.
    Thanks vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv !!!!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport