Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• mqgt
    mqgt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Over 3000 reviews on Trustpilot with over 60% saying how awful they are. Deemed 2nd last for customer service on the Citizens Advice Energy Supplier reviews Why hasnt Ofgem done anything about this terrible company?
  • Solarplicity - Strong recommendation to AVOID.
    Switched to them via MSE Cheap Energy Club. Have had multiple problems with estimated meter readings, supplying customer meter readings and consequently billing. I have tried on 3 separate occasions to discuss the issues with them by phone and when the nature of my issue becomes clear (I am significantly in credit and therefore overpaying & want to reduce monthly payments) they literally hang-up on me! 3 times!
    My experience is so bad, I have now lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman. I want to move supplier (obviously), but want to be sure that my credit balance goes with me.
  • Jakubk
    Jakubk Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2018 at 4:24PM
    I am another who was sent a backdated Tariff update, I rejected it as void and have chased them monthly for a replacement.

I am in credit so will not be making payments

Get your money out, they already had former company wound up for non payment of VAT

You would think HMRC would demand they issue refunds to customers who were charged VAT but it was never paid.

Consider each of those customers had the same continuing contract with customers but company taking the money was flipped.
  • I have been waiting months now for 150.00 refund of built up credit. After several phone calls and being fobbed off. I am still waiting. I intend to notify my bank this week to seek their help. Don't touch this firm with a barge pole. I have changed, but still can't get my money back.
  • lMy smart meter installation was double booked, first engineer installed meters but failed to commission them, by luck 2nd engineer on same day commissioned eleccy meter, gas meter needs to be removed and re installed (awaiting that to happen), engineer failed to take final meter reading from old meters, effectively losing usage for 1 month, company haven't reconciled new meter serial numbers with my account (due to missing readings) and decided to estimate my usage at nearly 300% of my normal usage (large chunk of money they are now holding), Im unable to provide accurate readings due to my account not being updated. Customer services are a shambles, their most popular phrases being "I understand" "I'll escalate this for you" and "I'll e-mail the relevant department" Have made 5 phone calls to them already I've heard nothing back, and the icing on the cake is that tonight it appears my eleccy meter "went dumb". All this in the space of 8 days, I am very much dreading what the next few months are going to bring.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY

Check out the reviews on trustpilot and see how many ombudsman rulings have gone against the company, and then realise that despite those rulings very little has changed for the customers involved.

If I could turn back the clock I would avoid this mob like the plague.
  • Just opened a Resolver case. They won't pay back Big Credit Dosh. Can I ask for advice? IF (sorry, "WHEN") Solarduplicity fail to respond.....what happens if I cancel my Standing Orders? Can they "cut me off"??
  • Bob_Vant wrote: »
    Just opened a Resolver case. They won't pay back Big Credit Dosh. Can I ask for advice? IF (sorry, "WHEN") Solarduplicity fail to respond.....what happens if I cancel my Standing Orders? Can they "cut me off"??

nothing bad will happen if you stop paying them while you are in credit - I did it ages ago & just pay what i owe (if not in credit) when the produce a correct bill

if they think you owe them money they will chase you for it then if that fails pass the debt to a debt collector and/or install a credit meter
  • I am in the same position, waiting for Solarplicity to refund £220.90 to me. I have e-mailed them, posted on their Facebook Page and Messaged on their Twitter page. All I have had to date is an automated response saying they will get back to me within 24 hours, as its now been 6 weeks so you can see how effective this is!!! . I changed suppliers on the 25th October.

How do I make an official complaint?

Thanks in advance
  • Jakubk
    Jakubk Posts: 127 Forumite
    I have followed their formal complaints procedure and written to their CEO, I have read receipts but got nothing despite continuing to complain for 3 months. It was only when I CC'ed OFGEM ConsumerAffairs@ofgem.gov.uk that they finally responded but the person replying clearly had no clue and did not deal with the issues.

This company is simply not fit for purpose.

I did manage to get put through to someone at OFGEM and they said they are looking into Solarplicity after a lot of complaints, they encouraged me to put my complaint on Trustpilot as it seems that TrustPilot verify that you are are a customer, so they know they are genuine.

Personally I have seen so many negative reviews on Trustpilot I wonder how anyone puts up with this company

I thought your balance was able to be to transferred to your new supplier or is that only when they go bust.

Solarplicity has already had one of it's companies with winding up proceeding brought against it by HMRC so one wonders about them.

I have never dealt with a company that is so consistently poor at customer service, in fact I do not think they understand the concept. I think OFGEM should stop them taking on new customers until they can show they are resolving problems and have turned around their situation.

Employing a great South African call centre but not giving them the ability to even enter my readings after the portal has refused to take them 4 times is clearly insufficient. It is a massive waste of money to use them as a glorfied message taking service, the whole idea is to get them to deal with processes that solve customer problems, not just change the route of complaint from email, phone to call centre.

Here is their complaints procedure which is useless and unresponsive, just another way to kick it into long grass; I find their ombudsman useless too (no teeth) I am taking them to Court.

https://solarplicity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Complaints-Handling-Procedure_AW.pdf

Good Luck
  • Probably the worst company that I have ever dealt with, literally! I am not one to complain but Solarplicity simply has to be written about!
    Given that I work long hours I tend to use email where possible to communicate. Well, not with Solarplicity I dont! Probably no less than ten emails have gone totally ignored. I didn't even get any bills for around 7 months,but they did of course carry on taking the DD. I currently have two seperate compensation claims outstanding with them for missed appointments by engineers. Each time I phone up I am told that it will be escalated and the claim will be paid yet months later, still nothing! Also because I didn't receive bills for months I didn't get informed that they put their prices up quite a lot!!! The only thing that could be said for them originally was that they were cheap. Now they are not even that. It is a company that people need to avoid because honestly, I have never come across a company this bad in all my 43 years on this planet. It really really is bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure