Tesco Bank

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I will shortly be out of UK with no access to secure internet for several weeks
    What? Again!? ;)
    Its costing me enough, without someone helping themselves to my £6k while I'm away:(
    Your £6K is safe, just like everybody else's £6K on here. They've already said via the latest text (as if they had to - see your T&Cs) that you won't lose out.

Yes, I agree it's potentially a major problem for those whose ONLY current account is with Tesco, but for the rest of us who are only using them as savings accounts?...well I've got other things to worry about more! :)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    Again, easy for me to say as I don't appear to have bee affected.
    Nor do I, despite a text 30 mins ago saying I'm on the list! I suspect the same text has gone/is going to every single account holder. Sounds like a scattergun approach to me, rather than a targeted text with specific useful information.
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Nor do I, despite a text 30 mins ago saying I'm on the list! I suspect the same text has gone/is going to every single account holder. Sounds like a scattergun approach to me, rather than a targeted text with specific useful information.

Unfortunately the texts haven't gone to some people who have had money taken.

Third try to call, 23 mins so far....
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Feeling increasingly left out. No text no email no activity on my account , and no trip booked.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Feeling increasingly left out. No text no email no activity on my account , and no trip booked.

Have you got a current account (rather than savings)? If so, well done on escaping!
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    Have you got a current account (rather than savings)? If so, well done on escaping!

Four current account between us and nothing wrong :money:
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am amazed how their on line banking is holding up considering considering the extra traffic it must be taking today :eek:
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    BBC radio news has just reported that Tescobank will be refunding all affected customers within 24 hours and has already contacted most of them.

(I'm not sure how they know who all the affected customers are)
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    steve65e wrote: »
    BBC radio news has just reported that Tescobank will be refunding all affected customers within 24 hours
    I heard "24 business hours", whatever that means.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    Will you need to use any of that 6k while you are away?

If so, you might want to transfer the funds you need to somewhere accessible. If not, there may be no benefit to moving it.

Again, easy for me to say as I don't appear to have bee affected.

No, I won't need to use the account at all. I have many to choose from;). I'm hoping that if the Fraud department do call as promised, I can ask them not to reissue the affected card. I'd rather not have it sitting in a PO holding pigeon hole for weeks.
    What? Again!? ;)Your £6K is safe, just like everybody else's £6K on here. They've already said via the latest text (as if they had to - see your T&Cs) that you won't lose out.

Yes:beer:

Doing what the government apparently wants me to do - spend!
    Though as I've said before, not sure how much of my spend will benefit the UK economy.

ceredigion wrote: »

As you've got money in your account, there's still some availability if you want to join us. Its likely to be quite wet, but average temperatures around 25C:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure