Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• mortgage_girl
    mortgage_girl Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done on getting the exercise in early :) Hope payday comes quickly for you!

MGx
    :jMortgage free 08.08.19 :j
    2018: £19410.25 / £9,300 2017: £7646.64 / £11,000 2016: 4557.98 / £11,000 2015: £10,230.37 / £11,000 2014 =£6703.26 / £11,000 2013 = £4288.51 / £8000 2012 = £1600/£5000 2011 = £2579/£3000
    MF date was Nov 2041 - mortgage neutral 23.07.18

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks MG, all still going well. Did a workout last night as weds has become my rest day. DD plays tennis and then DH goes to football so I don't really get the chance. Think my legs would appreciate the rest too :)

Came home yesterday to see DH cleaning the fridge, that was a first! :rotfl: found some cabbage not going to get used so cooked it and froze it ready to go in a stir fry. I refuse to waste food!

Account looking okay, have around £300 in cc bills account and I get paid the end of the week. Am wondering now whether to focus on paying off the cc instead of having plans drawn up? I am fed up of doing balance transfers so would like to get rid of a card or two if possible. I do of course have back up plans for balance transfers so won't incur any interest.

Roll on payday and decision making. I feel like there's hasn't been much activity reducing our WIOTW figure lately so it will be interesting to see the end of month figures.

If we could attack the mortgage with the same effort we paid off the cards (used for home improvements to avoid moving) I am sure we would be mortgage free by my 40th!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Well, I have managed all week without spending and cash! DH helped me out by providing money for dd to go to a disco this evening.

Payda tomorrow and I am hoping for an improved wage....we shall see. Not sure why I look forward to payday so much as I don't spend anything. Perhaps it is more satisfying seeing balances reduce.

I fear the children need new shoes. DS trainers have split and neither of the children have had their feet measured for a while. Think I may get them measured then buy off eBay! :rotfl:

This weekend I definitely need to get some weeding done so hopefully we will have fine weather.

DH managed to do an excellent weekly shop for £50 this week. We will just need a top up shop of fruit, bread etc.

Absolutely shattered and too tired to write anymore or read other diaries. Can hardly keep my eyes open, been so tired this week despite exercising and eating well.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a bit of ROBO shopping for expensive products such as shoes. I appreciate that companies have to pay for staff, premises etc., but the difference in clothes prices offline and online can be enough to make you wince!
  • CathT
    edited 22 May 2015 at 7:17AM
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a bit of ROBO shopping for expensive products such as shoes. I appreciate that companies have to pay for staff, premises etc., but the difference in clothes prices offline and online can be enough to make you wince!

I originally thought this was a mis-post Ed as I remembered Tilly talking about shoes but not myself! think imay need to pop over to your diary for a catch up?

Had a much needed early night and have woken feeling refreshed. Nothing to do with the fact it's Friday! Now I realise I am not so refreshed!

Payday and wage issue appears to have been sorted out. My wage was almost £300 better which is what I expected. Money shuffle done and will work out where to send extra money after work.

Hope everyone has a good start to the bank holiday weekend.

12p Tilly tidy made :D
  • norfolkdream
    norfolkdream Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Nice to see you sorted out with the wages.
    Well done on the exercise, I have stopped running now, after I hurt my leg and had to do physio it has scared me a bit although went for a bike ride with DS2 and a few hills nearly killed me!

(oh and can you clone your hubby please ;) )
    MFW 16 No 33
    2016 OP Paid/Target 2063/£2063 (100%) COMPLETE
    Mortgage Free - Apr 2016 -DONE!:j
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks Norfolk dream, hope you get back to fitness. Cycling is hard work too. We have an exercise bike at home which DH uses as running affects his asthma. Not easy keeping fit is it?

During our first glass of wine last evening we came up with a plan for the credit cards. Now I have slept on it I think I have changed my mind! This is because I forgot about an extra £300 I had so this seems to have totally changed my thinking! I may clear the card with the lowest balance today and see how that affects my working on paper. I want to consolidate as much as possible onto cards that offer a long 0% deal. If I clear DH card I can take advantage of a 20 month deal. They should be paid off by then.

So today I need to....
    1) Pay Next bill
    2) Make cc decision
    3) Plus all usual weekend housework, fun and games.

The children are trying to work out what they want to do today and I'm going for a run to [STRIKE]get rid of my wine headache[/STRIKE] clear my head :D
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very impressive running the morning after...though I expect you are better at not getting mashed than I am!!
  • CathT
    edited 23 May 2015 at 11:23PM
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Very impressive running the morning after...though I expect you are better at not getting mashed than I am!!

Thanks Al, I am very self-controlled. Spoils the fun though! I ended up doing a very comfortable 10k in less than an hour.

I think perhaps I should have been more specific when writing my 'to do' list. I honestly don't think I've achieved anything today! Spent much of this morning trying to figure out what to do with the cc. Currently, I have made no balance transfers but did pay almost £800 off the cards today. Have until June to take further action. Hoping to pay some more off on Friday when DH gets paid amd then I can review my monthly update. I did a quick calculation and 5 months in we are hitting almost 50% achieved which is fab.

We all had a bit of a nap this afternoon, I was worried DS coming down with something as he just randomly nodded off (hasn't slept in the day since he was a year old) but he was fine when he woke. I had a cheeky nap on the sofa whilst he slept. I have had a bad headache today, woke up feeling like my blood sugars were low and haven't felt right all day. I had a glass of coca cola in the end and felt better within minutes of drinking it. Used to get this quite a lot but not so much since changing jobs so need to keep an eye on this. Perhaps burning off 800 calories during my run wasn't such a good idea!

As the evening approaches the sun is starting to burn through the clouds, it's been pretty dull all day. How frustrating!

In summary, today I ran 10k, did a top up shop, paid almost £800 off cc, battled with blood sugars, got washing in and decluttered one shelf out of fitted wardrobes......

MUST do better tomorrow!
  • CathT
    edited 24 May 2015 at 5:35PM
    Options
    Today has been much more productive. Took children swimming amd was so happy to see how well they are doing. :D the lessons are well worth the money we spend on them, guess you can't grumble when there are only 4 children and 2 instructors in the water with them.

Decided when I got home that the house needed tackling. Kitchen decluttered and bleached. Moved a few things round and it really looks transformed. Decided the playroom was next! This room is always a challenge as it's a garage conversion and a long fairly narrow room. Anyway, sold a unit and shelf for £10 on fb and freeing up at corner seemed to open up the options for rearranging the room! Have one bin bag for charity shop and one bin bag of carp gone in the bin. One load of washing line dried, meal plan done.

Had a mini disaster whilst cooking this evening, DH managed to spill the mix he had made for the stir fry. He had tried to persuade me to buy wine earlier and I said no. However, needing to pop out for more pineapple juice caused 2 bottles on wine to be bought! DH paid half though :D

Hope every one has had a lovely Sunday, am so looking forward to another day off tomorrow. I'm actually only working 2 days this week so am hoping to achieve lots.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback