Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have started a financial task I thought would be straightforward but my brain is not functioning. I basically want to split the bills contribution. I currently use my monthly wage to do it but hoping if I pay half and DH contributes the other half from his fortnightly wage...the transition to monthly pay will be easier as there will be some of my wages leftover to see us through the month.

I am just confused about what will be leftover that I can OP. A spreadsheet is out of the question. Lois made mine for me and I wouldn't know where to start.

Am going to show DH to see if in layman's terms everything looks like it is getting paid for!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    I think I have worked out the financial conundrum! Was not too bad and as long as it works in practise we should be fine. I am just trying to make the transition over to monthly pay as smooth as possible. DH suggested not paying so much off the cc so we compromised by me saying I will leave it in the 'credit card current account' and still mentally subtracting the figure from what's owed!

Also, although I was aware we would have zero nursery costs in August due to us having opposite annual leave and DS starting nursery, I realised our balance will have a healthy credit to take us into September so that should be another free month. :D

60p Tilly tidy made today and paid £60 off a credit card. dH wage was fab with all his overtime so I slipped him an extra £30! :rotfl: he is so spoiled :D also transferred over £150 into cc account as wage was a lot more than expected.

Have a 'to do' list for the weekend and so far have found the following tasks.

1) sort nursery hours
    2) look at cc balance transfers
    3) work out new budgets
    4) check lawnmower to see if completely broken!
    5) pay some money off centre parcs holiday
    6) plant some more salad seeds

The house needs a damn good clean as well but I'm all out of energy. Haven't even done any exercise this week which is making me feel very annoyed with myself.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There will be some exercise in that list though?
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love you slipping DH £30, reminds me of the inflation-adjusted ritual of grandparents slipping you 50p as a child :rotfl:
  • CathT
    edited 16 May 2015 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    There will be some exercise in that list though?

I started the day with a run, managed just over 12.6k which is around 8 miles amd is my furthest distance! A half marathon is seeming more achievable now.

Haven't achieved much else apart from washing 2 loads, one is out on the line. Have taken dd to the park whilst DH took DS on a bus ride. Simple pleasures hey?
    I love you slipping DH £30, reminds me of the inflation-adjusted ritual of grandparents slipping you 50p as a child :rotfl:

My grandparents never increased their gifts, was always £1 pocket money, £10 at birthday and £5 at Christmas.

Really feel like I should clean the house but I'm hobbling a bit if I am honest!
  • CathT
    Options
    CathT wrote: »

Have a 'to do' list for the weekend and so far have found the following tasks.

1) sort nursery hours DONE
    2) look at cc balance transfers DONE, we are ok for a few months
    3) work out new budgets DONE, payday be moment of truth
    4) check lawnmower to see if completely broken! Bought a new one, half price
    5) pay some money off centre parcs holiday DONE, paid off £50
    6) plant some more salad seeds done, need to buy more lettuce seeds

The house needs a damn good clean as well but I'm all out of energy. Haven't even done any exercise this week which is making me feel very annoyed with myself.

I even managed to do quite a bit of cleaning without feeling like I was spending all my time doing it. Cleaned kitchen after our meal and then did utility, did bathroom at DS bath time, did polishing in between. Didn't feel like it was robbing me of my time too much.

Also made another 70p Tilly tidy yesterday. Account looking ok amd CB gets paid in on Tuesday.

I need to focus on some of the cc as 0% offers ending at various times this year and I don't want to pay lots of balance transfer fees so wondering if there is a way of paying at least one of them off.
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    How is your new role, Cath? Did it turn out as you hoped?
  • CathT
    Options
    I love it Al. The not so good part of the job is hard going at times as I can't switch off but I am well supported amd learning so so much. Just felt a bit drained last week as it was a particularly intense week. Otherwise, it is incredibly rewarding with great opportunities. Definitely the best move I made.
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Good news.x
  • CathT
    Options
    NSD today which was needed after spending my £10 budget for the week taking the children to soft play yesterday. They loved it though and we got to catch up with friends. Can I survive the week with NO money in my purse? We shall see! :)

You know I really do have a fab DH. I got in from work to a meal ready, ate as a family and then dashed out for a quick run. dH handled part of the witching hour pre-bedtime alone and I was back for bedtime routine. :D
    I find if I don't exercise early in the week, each day continues with me doing nothing. Hopefully the lazy cycle is broken this week! :j

I am looking forward to payday This week especially if the back pay has been sorted out. Might have a healthy bank account for a while as can't pay every penny off cc. Hope we hit our WIOTW target this month as that keeps me very motivated :D

Am feeling surprisingly happy for a Monday - I blame the endorphins!!! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback