BMW had car (for recall) for 2 months and "Don't know when I can have it back"

Options

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Exemplar wrote: »
    1) Car in at BMW for 6 weeks, bonus, you are not putting mileage on yours, it's 'in the system'
    2) Small loan car, bless you, I'm probably sure it will do 70MPH
    3) Another car hit the loaner? So what, It did not hit your '50K' car and it's a SEPARATE incident, nothing to do with 1 or 2

Of all the comments op, this is the truly unhelpful one not the one you referred to.
  • arcon5
    Options
    As for the accident....once they've settled it with the third party who hit you there is absolutely no reason they can't reimburse the money as the third party will cover the costs

The suggestion of using your own insurer is idiotic
  • Meoleman
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your predicament. Even sorrier for the unhelpful posts you got. If people cant offer useful advise why post anything?They must live sad lives.
    l
  • arcon5
    Options
    Meoleman wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your predicament. Even sorrier for the unhelpful posts you got. If people cant offer useful advise why post anything?They must live sad lives.
    l

Doesn't this post count as exactly that too :rotfl:
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Of all the comments op, this is the truly unhelpful one not the one you referred to.

I wonder if the comments would be as spiky if the OPs car was not a £50k car, and a normal run of the mill Focus :undecided
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    marcarm wrote: »
    I wonder if the comments would be as spiky if the OPs car was not a £50k car, and a normal run of the mill Focus :undecided

You obviously haven't been on this section of the MSE forums very often. Everybody is likely to get snarky comments and/or be accused of being a troll.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    Options
    We have had to pay the £500 excess and are being told we will have to claim this back off our own insurers!

The person who ran into the back of you (or, more likely, their insurers) should be paying that £500, not you or your insurers.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    Options
    Meoleman wrote: »
    l

OP didnt actually ask for anything other than help on his opening post. No one on here is going to know why BMW cannot get the part(s) required to fix his car. We are just giving him reassurance that life is not all that bad. Make a complaint or 2 in writing.

Obviously if I dropped £50,000 cash and bought myself this car at Christmas I would be a bit peeved at driving something lower, a 3 Series for example.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    foxy-stoat wrote: »
    Obviously if I dropped £50,000 cash and bought myself this car at Christmas...
    The car is 4yo. It was recalled at Xmas.

The recall affects 1.6m cars worldwide, nearly 270k in the UK alone.

I presume the OP's seen the other thread on the issue here in the last few days...?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75481273
  • Aubrey_Thicket
    Options
    Their take on the whole thing is that we told you to bring the car in. If you don't then you drive it at your own risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure