PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    monicaj wrote: »
    Just updated my signature as I realised this morning that Tesco online had charged me 10.51 for Surf Small & Mighty which should have been on special offer for £5.00 - a quick phone call and I have been refunded - I will definately be checking my receipts in future !!! if anyone has purchased this, worth checking your receipt.

Hi. I've never needed to do it but Tesc0 has a double the difference policy. i.e. you were over charged £5.51 so they should have refunded you £11.02. Apparently this policy is printed on a sign next to customer services but people find they have to point it out to staff and argue the toss. I read about it on the Grabbit It board but I never shop at Tesc0. Maybe some-one over there might be able to fill you in. Oh, and they might still have the 1p at tesco thread. I try to avoid the grabbit board, tooooo tempting!
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Spike! I'm a single mum too, and I know how tricky that can be. This is the place to be though, for advice, ideas and when you need a rant! It works for me anyway...

Went to Asda today, to get some more cheese after the incident yesterday. They had their brue chapel mature cheese, 525g?, that's normally on special at £3, reduced to £1.50!! I got 5, as the date on them is March, and they'll be used before that!! Thought I'd let you all know, as I thought that was a bargain.

Spent more than I should have today - I always go on an empty stomach, thinking I won't give in, but always do!! The good news is that my DD decided she fancied sweet and sour chicken for dinner, so I have just got a chicken breast out of the freezer, already have a jar (out of date!) of sweet and sour sauce, tinned pineapple, rice, veg, so dinner hasn't cost anything new today, and I will have used up one of my out of date stash!

Signature updated.

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    well found the last reciept and added to today that become £58 more spent, not counting the cat litter and coal/wood as i'd not normally be buying them and should be reimbursed for the litter anyway.

got more veg and salad stuff plus some meat, gammon steaks for hubby, turkey bacon for me (darn the diet!!) and some nice sossies for our tea :)

ioiwe x
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all :) £2.00 spend on orange juice and toothpaste today. Felt rather good today as had a whole shopping trolley in tesco and then thought... I don't need any of this really so deleted it! Felt rather good :)

May make up a lemon loaf today if I can be bothered! I feel the need for spring food and this cake is definitely a spring cake!

Anyway all :) I'm off to have a wander round the boards. Have a good day all :)
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • itsybitsygoth
    Options
    Noticed Mr T had loads of bagels reduced on Friday lunchtime, but obviously not by much at that point, went back into town later for a night out and popped in to see if there were any left at a cheaper price and they'd all gone (my OH lives on bagels) I did get a thyme plant reduced to 30p though, re-potted it and watered it on Saturday and it's perked right up! I did look a bit odd though carrying a thyme plant around with me on a night out!
    Overdraft- [strike]£500[/strike] PAID! Computer Loan- [strike]£292.67[/strike] PAID! Credit Card- £369.00 PCDL Loan- £6664.80
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a quick question do you get DTD on online over charges like you would in the shop?

Yes you should.
  • monicaj
    monicaj Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Chloris wrote: »
    Hi. I've never needed to do it but Tesc0 has a double the difference policy. i.e. you were over charged £5.51 so they should have refunded you £11.02. Apparently this policy is printed on a sign next to customer services but people find they have to point it out to staff and argue the toss. I read about it on the Grabbit It board but I never shop at Tesc0. Maybe some-one over there might be able to fill you in. Oh, and they might still have the 1p at tesco thread. I try to avoid the grabbit board, tooooo tempting!

Thanks for that - just called them and apparently it only applies to in store purchases, tried to kick up a fuss but to no avail :mad: Ah well, never mind, was worth a try ................. Off to the Grabbit board, never visited there before
  • david69_2
    david69_2 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    jintyb wrote: »
    Gosh, that was terrific, buddiebabe!:T I love a good bargain story!

Thanks Mothership for the bhuna recipe - I'm going to put that on my meal plan for next week. I've all the ingredients in my cupboard/freezer.
    I'm loving all the new recipes being posted. I think we're all looking for something new to tickle our tastebuds after all the Festive fare! Saw a great recipe for chinese style chilli beef on Something for the Weekend this morning, which I fancy doing on Saturday instead of a takeaway.
    Had a small shop this morning at Mr T, but stuck to my list and am well and truly stocked up!

Menu plan for this week

Today : HM Chicken Casserole, giant yorkies and veg HM apple crumble & custard
    Monday : Corned beef hash
    Tuesday: Chicken marinated in ginger, lemon, garlic and chilli with tagliatelle
    Wednesday: Eggs/ omelettes ( always quick and easy on a Wed!)
    Thursday : Grilled salmon with noodles and stirfry mangetout& baby corn
    Friday: Chilli con carne & rice
    Saturday: Chinese style deep fried chilli beef
    Sunday: Beef stew, veg, tatties

As you can see, I'm reasonably organised for this week!( for a change)
    Thanks Mrs M for updating my total - sorry to muck you about, but I hadnt anticipated going to Co$tc0 this month!:o
    I am under my revised target with one more shop to go. My month ends on the 20th, so I will be endeavouring to keep the damage to a minimum;)

I fancy coming round yours for t this week I like the sound of your menu plan:D
  • booskyeboo
    Options
    Hi
    I have just a top up shop at A*da toatl £5.24, went in for what I wanted and came straight out again so no extra spending.:j
    WW start date 31/8/2011 :j

weight lost so far:- 32lbs :T
  • pixiedust09
    Options
    Made two big shepherds pie's today and two rice pudding's, one pie and one pudding are destined for the in laws though as MIL is very poorly :(. I noticed while making the rice puds that the rice went out of date in 2007 :o, we had it the other night with no ill effects so I'm not gonna worry. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday, and cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
    MFW 142- Oct 1999 £55,0000, Jul 2013 £27,593.17 Oct 2013 £26,531, Dec 2014 £22,600, Dec 2015 £20,190, Jan 2016 £19,944.19 Mar 2017 £16,944.76 Decluttered 207/2018
    Smile it confuses people :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport