Manchester Airport May 19th

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Karl06 wrote: »
    Hi as anyone successfully claimed any compensation from these delays that happened on Sunday 19th May regarding the fuelling issues at Manchester Airport as I believe Bott&Co are taking these cases on and fighting them for their customers.

Hi Karl06,

Not that I know of, but it is early days yet.

The CAA are also looking into some claimants cases too.

Also bear in mind that a single decision on one case will not set a precedent on this issue. There are a number of scenarios that claimants are facing e.g arriving MAN, departing MAN, diverted to a different airport, flight cancelled etc

Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JTJD
    JTJD Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting! I assume Bott & Co are a law firm?
  • JTJD
    Options
    Thanks Karl 👍
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes they are.
  • judson89
    Options
    Hi all,

Our flight from Athens to Manchester was cancelled on May 19th and re-arranged for the following day since the crew were out of hours. Our initial claim for compensation through easyJet was rejected and so following advice from this forum we escalated this through the ADR.

To keep you informed, we received a decision today ruling in the favour of the airline since a zero flow rate was put in place at Manchester airport, preventing any flights from arriving. The ADR also stated that reasonable measures had been taken to avoid the delay but no other airports were available for diversion.

I will be interested to hear if anyone else has better luck!

Cheers,
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your flight details into bottonline and then euclaim and see what they say before writing this off.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    judson89 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Our flight from Athens to Manchester was cancelled on May 19th and re-arranged for the following day since the crew were out of hours. Our initial claim for compensation through easyJet was rejected and so following advice from this forum we escalated this through the ADR.

To keep you informed, we received a decision today ruling in the favour of the airline since a zero flow rate was put in place at Manchester airport, preventing any flights from arriving. The ADR also stated that reasonable measures had been taken to avoid the delay but no other airports were available for diversion.

I will be interested to hear if anyone else has better luck!

Cheers,

Hi judson89,

I'm very surprised that they claim there was a zero flow rate at Manchester as I know that aircraft were arriving. I live under the flight path and could see them for myself. A quick check on any flight tracker also shows flight arriving and departing, all be it, at a reduced rate.

I also query that no other airports were available for diversions, I find that quite unbelievable.

I suggest you keep your powder dry for now, then lets see how others fare before looking at alternatives.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • DonnyLady
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have had any success with regard to claiming compensation for the delays on the 19th of May at Manchester Airport.

I have tried various avenues without success (Aviationadr, CEDR).

I did contact Bott & Co and they have explained they are using the reasonable measures scenario, from what they said also that Manchester Airport its self does not come under the EU ruling.

I'm finding it quite frustrating at the moment because the only possible way to proceed is with Bott & Co.

Any information would be appreciated.
  • Dan-1987
    Dan-1987 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone any updates on this? I’ve just had a response to my complaint from jet2 stating they would not issue me any compensation.
  • JTJD
    Options
    We had asked Bott & Co to take on our claim & they have been absolutely hopeless. Initially using the wrong flight details to try & proceed. We did receive an email around May 2020....here is a copy & paste.

We've been instructed by other groups of passengers on your flight and the airline have said that they do not believe compensation is owed. As such we've issued court proceedings on your flight for the other group of passengers and it may take up to six months for the matter to work its way through the legal system. We believe that any judgment on that court case would apply to your claim for compensation and this gives us the best chance of getting your compensation as quickly as possible.

We'll update on the progress of litigation and will do all we can to push the matter through the court system for you and your fellow passengers.

Kind regards,

Bott and Co

However i contacted them just recently, maybe a week ago, as I’d heard nothing since May 2020. An email came from them to say they would be pursuing the claim via the courts. Today I have another email saying they weren’t going to pursue the claim. See copy & paste: 

We're really sorry to tell you that we have reviewed your flight claim and unfortunately we feel that it is unlikely we would be successful in recovering compensation for you on this occasion.

The law states that an airline is not obliged to pay compensation where the disruption was caused by extraordinary circumstances.

It would appear that your flight was affected by an Air Traffic Management Decision and in our opinion a court is currently likely to consider this to be an extraordinary circumstance.

In these circumstances we won't be able to progress your claim any further.

We're sorry that we couldn't assist you on this occasion; we do hope that you bear us in mind if you experience a flight delay again in the future.

Please note that you will not be charged for any of the work that we have done on your behalf.

Thank you for choosing Bott and Co.

Kind regards,

Bott and Co

Bott & Co have been a major disappointment to us! Unfortunately they appear disorganised & have been terrible at communicating any kind of information

Using the wrong flight details was a joke, a school boy error that didn’t fill us with the greatest of confidence  

I’ve emailed them this evening to enquire about the status of the court proceedings issued on behalf of other passengers on our flight & will update everyone  

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback