Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I cannot see anything to change for this weekend's update.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • fleemkt
    fleemkt Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello

Do the Lloyds Club Monthly Saver or their Monthly Saver HAVE to be funded by standing order?

Could the first payment be an internal transfer?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Options
    fleemkt wrote: »
    Hello

Do the Lloyds Club Monthly Saver or their Monthly Saver HAVE to be funded by standing order?

Could the first payment be an internal transfer?
    Internal transfer is fine.
  • fleemkt
    fleemkt Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks glider.

I've funded my previous years savers by SO, but realised that I've initiated a transfer this time.

I just wondered if at the anniversary they check if all money into the account is via SOs before calculating interest.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Options
    fleemkt wrote: »
    I just wondered if at the anniversary they check if all money into the account is via SOs before calculating interest.
    There is no mention of a lower rate for not paying in by SO, therefore they couldn't do this anyway.

All of mine have been funded by internal transfer on the first payment.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I always make the first payment with an internal transfer and the subsequent 12 via SO
  • robmachete
    robmachete Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I went in the NBS this morning to update my passbook for my Special RS (Issue 6) and was handed a sheet of paper about this new RS.

The Sunshine Regular Saver will launch Monday 2nd July 2018 and offers an interest rate of 2.30% (variable) with a fixed term to 30th November 2019. Customers can save up to £200 per calendar month. Withdrawals and closures are not permitted until maturity, but monthly payments can be missed. Opening balance of £10. Limited issue.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Virgin regular saver 11 (branch) is now available. I was contacted by my local branch to advise and to make an appointment.

Maturity date 1st August 2019

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    robmachete wrote: »
    I went in the NBS this morning to update my passbook for my Special RS (Issue 6) and was handed a sheet of paper about this new RS.

The Sunshine Regular Saver will launch Monday 2nd July 2018 and offers an interest rate of 2.30% (variable) with a fixed term to 30th November 2019. Customers can save up to £200 per calendar month. Withdrawals and closures are not permitted until maturity, but monthly payments can be missed. Opening balance of £10. Limited issue.

Is there any info whether it could be open via post or need to visit branch ??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    robmachete wrote: »

It can only be opened in branch (per the NBS website)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure