Debt Free By 2019?

Options

Comments

• onedaysomeday
    Options
    Wasn't fun but I am mostly okay thanks for asking! Could have been much worse :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    So today I have decided to book an appointment with a sports injury guy recommended by a few of my running club buddies, £35 for an assessment but if it means I actually get back into running and the stress relief that comes with that, then I'm happy to pay that! The appointment is after payday so will work it into next months budget :)

Taking the paint off of my car tonight so it looks vaguely okay whilst driving and taking it to the garage for its steering on my week off next week anyway so will ask them for a price regarding the bonnet. As long as it won't randomly ping open whilst driving I'm happy to wait a while to get it done

Counting down the days to my week off as I am still soooo tired!
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident, it sounds awful. I hope you're feeling ok
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident, it sounds awful. I hope you're feeling ok

I'm ok thank you weirdly feel good still about driving? I just know to keep an eye on buses at roundabouts more now!
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh onedaysomeday! That sounds awful and quite scary. Well done on keeping your cool... I would have probably stayed in the middle of the roundabout and had a nervous breakdown. Glad you are OK though, that's the main thing. Also glad you're feeling good about it... It wasn't your fault so there's nothing for you to question about your skill driving.

Good idea on the sports injury guy! I think from your posts it's really clear how much you love and miss running and the sooner you can get back to it the better. I am 100% on board and happy with the decision :rotfl:

When was your week off?? Has it been and gone? So sorry I've been MIA for a bit, silly life getting in the way. Let us know how it gets on with Mr. Sports Injury Guy :)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    I am back from my week off of work, basically just sat in the garden with my feet in the paddling pool reading a book for a week :rotfl: was lovely!

Sports Injury Guy said when I injured my foot in January the swelling pushed my joints of a few toes out of place a little and they never settled again which is why it didn't get better with rest

Have to do a few gentle ten minute runs followed by rounds of icing the foot and let him know how I get on, and stretch my toes all the way backwards and forwards. He did some pushing and pulling of various bits of my feet and it felt better to walk on almost straight away! First gentle jog was yesterday and a bit sore today so will be telling him shortly (he said to text after each one to let him know how it was going) but hoping it's normal and I can just stretch through it

If the runs go fine this week, he said I can get back into it slowly increasing my mileage a whole 10% at a time, so will be slow going building up the miles at the start :rotfl:
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Feet in a paddling pool in the sun with a book actually sounds like heaven to me :o Very jammy! So glad you saw sports injury guy... Sounds promising :) You'll be running like you used to in no time! Woohoo :j
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I really hope so! I miss it heaps! :)
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Well, having a week off has stuffed my budget for the month already I have enough to pay my bills at that's about it!

I have been looking into trying to take up a part time job doing maybe a cleaning job but it's hard to fit around working Mon-Fri 8 until 6pm and not give it away to the guys at home that I'm doing a second job. They know how much I make at my full time job and don't know about my debts so I don't want them asking questions. I will have to think about this, and see whether there are actually any jobs that could fit around work and my relationship.
    As a positive, I did receive an email from a German man who would like help checking sentences he has translated into English. The email came through on the 19th but slipped into my spam emails so I have replied to him today and I am hoping that the offer is still there from him!

Another positive, is that I am halfway through paying my nan back the money she lent me, and after the next payment will be halfway through repaying OH too. Nice to see some milestones. I think I will definitely still have at least £2.5k of debt going into 2019, but that's better than my current total (£4528.25). It will be nice in a couple of months when that is below £4k.

At the moment I am just trying to hound surveys again and make little bits and pieces where I can. I already pay around £400 per month in debt repayments which is nearly a third of my wages so I don't have much scope to pay more unless I increase my income.

Food for thought I guess, just wanted to acknowledge to myself I am pretty much halfway through two debts to family, and that I'm going to be under £4k soon. :) Small victories...
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    At least you had a good week! And you can still afford your bills, could have been way worse :)

You're doing so well! Under £4k soon which is very, very exciting! Don't worry if you still have a wee bit of debt going into 2019... You've already built up such good habits and managed to clear a good amount of your debt while also learning to drive and buying a car!

Awesome about the German man - hope he replies to you and you get your first proofreading job for the portfolio! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport