Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,542 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding.
    Baby steps :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Ever just want the merry go round to stop and let you get off?
    Many times!!!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Oh yes - been there many times!

Does writing it all down help? (Not necessarily here - have you thought of maybe writing on a private writing site? Penzu is worth a look if not - easy to use, nothing fancy, but as private as you want it to be) (But here is also good if we can help at all)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me parachuting in from nowhere!

I have read the entirety of this thread from post #1. What comes through for me is the love for your children, your absolute courage and your strength.

Back yourself.

You've got this. And the wonderful people on this forum will be here for you on the days when you don't feel like you have.

Take care x
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh yes - been there many times!

Does writing it all down help? (Not necessarily here - have you thought of maybe writing on a private writing site? Penzu is worth a look if not - easy to use, nothing fancy, but as private as you want it to be) (But here is also good if we can help at all)

I took the approach of [STRIKE]Freezing to death[/STRIKE] going for a long walk ;)

I've even had two paper cup coffees :o

I now realise it works to stop you thinking about things because it's so cold you have no choice. It IS lovely and quiet though, along with dark and cold :o :rotfl:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rent people called. Informing me I needed to pay £226.14 :o I actually forgot and I don't have the credit card with me :o I told them I'd do it as soon as I get home tonight. She said she wasn't sure if this was good enough as it won't show on the account until next week now :o Someone from the court enforcement team is calling tomorrow. Great stuff :cool:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    If it's due today and you pay it today, what's the problem?
    Their systems are obviously rubbish... wait, it's local government or a housing association that the local government have given away their social housing responsibilities to, so... erm yeah... rubbish systems and rubbish government both local and centrally at wasteminister (that's not a spelling mistake btw... I have nowt but contempt for the tories)
    If the CC company shows a transaction dated today, then the rent has officially been paid the date it was due and those to whom it was due have nothing to complain about... not your fault if their systems can't keep up with the pace of everyone else's tech... rant over :p
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Rent people called. Informing me I needed to pay £226.14 :o I actually forgot and I don't have the credit card with me :o I told them I'd do it as soon as I get home tonight. She said she wasn't sure if this was good enough as it won't show on the account until next week now :o Someone from the court enforcement team is calling tomorrow. Great stuff :cool:

Oh no, how stressful for you :(. Make sure you are ready to pay the court enforcement team tomorrow. Try not to worry about it, although it must have been very upsetting and worrying for you :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,453 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why will it take a week to show in this day and age? Surely their systems aren't that antiquated. Hope you get it sorted.

Now - about your eating. I can understand you feel it's something you can control in a world where everything seems to be out of your control. However, you need to be well to look after the smalls. You'll make yourself ill if you don't get the right nutrients. You need to be strong and well to fight off the bad things.

Hope the paper coffee cups were Christmas ones :)

Take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Why will it take a week to show in this day and age? Surely their systems aren't that antiquated. Hope you get it sorted.
    Yes, yes they are... my local council are the same... 5 working days to clear in the system
    Thankfully though, the folks I have dealt with in my local council are superb.
    As I am paid monthly, I clear my rent each month, however in a 5 week month I may technically fall into a weeks arrears and one of the rent team will call me and I will remind them that I am paid monthly and will clear when I am paid etc. They are absolutely fine about it and every time I ask, why don't they have a note of this in their systems, it is the same reply, "the system is ancient and cannot cope with things like that"...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure