Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    Options
    Happy trawling! It is gorgeous outside - well it looks bright but it's flipping freezing so I am not even venturing outside to put my recycling away. lol.

Have a good day.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Managed to scrape together £12.22 selling some more of our books and CDs and going to refer KW to another site and we'll both get £5 when he sells a few more through them :)

Went to a lovely church this morning, great songs and very friendly people. Hoping to go back again soon, DD netball matches dependent.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done on sales and on finding the new church. :j

Good luck tomorrow.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    School was good today, the children are just so awesome :) DD is happy

NSD - yippee!!
    We are moments away from exchanging on the house....solicitors and estate agent sent lots of emails, and we're just waiting on one thing from the other side - hoorah!!
    Another job has come up - at a school very local to where we're moving
    I've applied for a job at a school I visited a while back
    My scary meeting is going to be rescheduled because......

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW at a lovely school!!! :)
    Rather excited, and happily nervous rather than stressed, lol. Makes a change!
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Kittikins wrote: »
    My scary meeting is going to be rescheduled because......

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW at a lovely school!!! :)
    Rather excited, and happily nervous rather than stressed, lol. Makes a change!
    Well done!!! Best of luck :T
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Hurray this is fabulous. Really well done. :beer:
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thank you - and here's hoping for a snow day tomorrow or Friday as well!!

Although I did have a small observation today, not with the demon headteacher, but her side kick who supposedly doesn't know what's going on, and she said it was "really good" and I WILL stand up for myself when I get the inevitable chat from the DHead that there were "issues" with it....

Bit of a spendy day....bought some chocolate and crap, yay, and then have bought an ecoegg and some other eco-friendly house bits for when we move using a 25% discount code. Oh and a poster and t-shirt for DD's birthday, linked to a musical she currently LURVES!!

But, I did 'save' £8.60 when I picked up my prescription, as although I have 2 items, they're both the same, just different strengths, which I didn't realise meant it counts as one prescription. Yay!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Snow day! Have done very little :)

I'm a bit annoyed (ok, quite annoyed), as our exchange is going to happen soon.....but completion has been pushed back a month, to the end of June!! When I queried this, the reply from the other side's solicitor, was that it had always been the end of June....errr, not my or KW's recollection, as the plan was to move in during the May school bank holiday! Anyway, there's naff all we can do, so we'll suck it up! Give us more time to save, plan, whatever I guess.

I've planned my lesson for Monday's interview, it's only 15 minutes long, so hoping I've pitched it right...
  • Kittikins
    Options
    I'm ready for the day tomorrow and have had a lovely day with KW, who came over to the town we're moving to so we could try out the church I went to last week.

It was a bit "modern" for him, so in a fortnight, we're trying the CofE one in the town centre - and we've found the linked church by the river we would hypothetically want to get married in as and when he formally asks me!! *swoon *

We went for a veggie roast lunch and a good mooch around the town. KW is getting even more excited about moving there, as there's so much to see, and it's a chilled out place to be. Yay!!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    WE'VE EXCHANGED!!!!!! :):):):):):):)

(And, I'm hoping to find out about the job I interviewed for (really liked the school) tomorrow morning.....)

However, I'm just squealing with excitement that after all this time, the house is OURS, bar the shouting lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure