Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Kittikins wrote: »
    Also, bought some supposedly wonderful socks to help with my (our - KW has a touch of it as well) plantar fasciitis! Don't get old.....
    ooohhh, link please :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is that Firewalker's friend gallygirl???? (me being nosey)
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Hello gallygirl - here's the link to the socks, I really hope they're good as I limp very badly and sometimes have to hold on to walls and furniture to be able to walk when I get up after sitting down for a while!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KV4HL60/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Our window shopping trip turned out to be a bit spendy....but we got a fab clock for the garden and some pizza cooking trays in HSense, and sat on a gazillion sofas in a billion shops along the home shop strip and, as I could have guessed, discovered that KW and I have almost identical tastes in furniture :)

We've found 3 styles of sofa we like but none of them come in a sofa bed, so not sure what we'll do about that!

Never mind, 12 weeks and 6 days now til we need to start thinking about it more seriously :)

I'm back home now and have gone through another pile of tat and got rid of lots of paper. So much more to go.....
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    OOOh shopping for the home is sooooo nice. I hope you find something great. I spent a ridiculous amount on my sofas it took ages to pay them off. Steve and Andy got a nearly new one really posh one from ebay for £200 and their's is gorgeous and ten times more comfy than mine. You might want to have a looksey on there too just in case a real bargain awaits.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thanks for the ebay tip SW :)

Watched Paddington 2 this evening, love that film and finished off the bottle of wine I started the other evening. I think I have an intolerance to it though, after just a few slurps, my face and chest went very red and I felt tipsy :( A shame as it's one of my favourite roses, but I felt quite uncomfortable.

Good job there's plenty more grapes in the fields, eh?!? :)
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Had a lovely visit to village church this morning, complete with Easter egg and a friendly Australian lady who was visiting. Also chatted into my best friend from primary school :)

Down in Bath now at my friend's house whilst she's away. Watching lots of TV with DD, but have booked a trip to BBC Bristol and hoping for a dry day so we can go to the beach.

Have spent a fortune today.....lunch and coffee on the way down, an online order and the BBC trip...if only we'd ever thought about DD's Blue Peter badge, I could have got her in for free!

Anyway, it's cheaper than a holiday abroad.... and I cooked a scrummy dinner and avoided buying wine.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    OOOh the BBC. I would love to see a programme being filmed. It's great that you can use a friend's house. V MSE so don't worry.

Ive just bought a little bag but it was soooo cheap only £6.00. So happy.
  • pinknsparkly
    pinknsparkly Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ohmigosh, mega congratulations on all your amazing news chick!! New job AND a new house - you deserve to be celebrating for months :D:D:D When will you start the new job then? In September, or beforehand? Despite having a teacher for a sister I still have no real idea how it all works. And it really throws me when she talks about having 6 terms in a school year now rather than three terms split up with three halfterm holidays!!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thanks pink - it's taken me a few years as well to get used to 6 terms rather than the 3 of my childhood.

I would have asked to leave my current school earlier (and I think my head might have been amenable to it, as she really doesn't like me :(:( ) , as the new school need someone from 16th April, but it would have messed up my mortgage application, so I'll be seeing out the school year. Thankfully, my class are AWESOME, so at least that is good!

DD and I are now chilling out after going into Bath to see Black Panther and mooching around the shops :) I managed to resist buying lots of lovely books in Waterstones, but did get a glass that's also a measuring jug for the house.

We've bought yummy food from Iceland for dinner, rather than going out for dindins. I like our staycations :)
  • Kittikins
    Options
    We can highly recommend the BBC studio tour in Bristol - had a really interesting time, and as there were only 5 of us on the tour, we were taken into places that they don't usually visit.

Followed it with a visit to Ikea for cinnamon buns and dinner :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure