• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking of you elsien x.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Wishing you inner strength and peace, elsien, to nurture yourself first with some to spare for parent. xxxxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Elsien, as Melly said, just being there will be enough so don't worry about your foot-in-mouth syndrome. I hope all's as well as can be expected for you and parent.
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Much love elsien. We're here for you.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My good wishes are with all of you going through your own struggles right now.

I am trying to do some more creative stuff with littlewing so that she can learn to sooth herself with art and crafts when people are bothering her too much. Her costume is coming on slowly. She also announced that she needs some kind of costume for a birthday tea party at some point soon. I told her we'd worry about that when we get the invitation.

Bought 3 red noses today but I haven't opened them yet. We'll see which ones we got later with littlewing. School is having a dressing up day on Friday.

The blood I donated recently has ended up in a Bristol hospital.

This Sunday:

I think littlewing is on a roll for this Sunday. She has made cards at school, brownies and at home. Plus bought one. And both set of grannies will probably sort something out with her. So it'll be a busy Sunday with seeing everyone. (Sorry if this is painful for anyone reading).
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • surveyqueenuk
    Options
    Oh my god. Is everyone OK? I feel a bit...affected by the news, which I realise is rather selfish and "ME ME ME" but I honestly feel as though I'm in shock. could someone hand me a grip please?
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    surveyqueen - come and snuggle up in our fort. We have unlimited blankets, cushions, tea, cake...... any definitely no news coverage. Anyone welcome, especially if they're feeling a bit shaken (understandably) by recent events.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh my god. Is everyone OK? I feel a bit...affected by the news

I didn't know what you were referring to and had to check BBC news...

Penguin about terrorism
    I don't know if it's an incredibly blase way to look at things but, as awful an incident as it is, I find it strangely reassuring how quickly things were dealt with and that relatively few people were affected.
    It's kind of like the tube bombings about 10 years ago. Rather than focusing on how many people were dead or injured I figured that it was a really small percentage of the number of people who would've been on the tube network at the time. I know it would be no help or comfort to people who were affected by it but it made me feel that I would have to be so incredibly unfortunate to be in the wrong place during a terrorist attack that there's no point worrying about it.
    There was a spoiler thing on a film thread and I figured it would be as easy a way to penguin as changing to white text. Apparently it has the added bonus of not showing up if you quote it too.

[ spoiler ] whatever you want hidden [ / spoiler ] - just leave out the spaces.
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2017 at 7:36PM
    Options
    Penguin
    I am worried about my reaction to it all. If this had happened a few years ago, I'd have been utterly horrified. Now, because of recent events it all seems...well, not normal, but not unexpected either. I'm still very upset by it and so glad more people weren't hurt but I'm no longer as affected by it. I hate that the world has become so messed up that horrible things like aren't shocking anymore.

End penguin

Today was my last day in the rubbish job. They didn't get me a card, hardly anyone bothered to say goodbye to me and none of the paperwork was done. It all cements my decision to leave as a good choice. Selfishly, especially given the events of today, I'm a bit upset because they were passing around a card for someone who is leaving next week and she hasn't been there much longer than me.

Extra special Fort space for those dealing with losses and grief at the moment.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Code, that's how I feel too :/

Am glad you're all done with that job. Horrible people. If I'd not seen a card go round for you I'd have bought one.

I have a face-to-face interview for the super-duper job! They liked me on the phone :D

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure