PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• rebs
    rebs Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hadnt realised that - as any time I've spotted that comment the house itself has always been a "demolish completely" standard one - so assumed that was what it meant.

RightMove isnt the world's best website I do know. I'm sure I recall one used to be able to put in, for instance, a specification on it for detached houses only and now it doesnt seem to be possible. I've found the only way to "cut out the rest" and just bring up detached houses for an area is to just put into Google "detached rightmove area name" and that works (though there's still mobile homes sneaked in on that at the bottom end of the price scale and the odd non-detached house and "coach house" gets sneaked in throughout the price scale). At least it reduces the ones to look through somewhat.

There is a drop down on 'property type' where you can specify detached properties. That's on the desktop webpage version - not sure on mobile versions, but I expect they have similar.
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »

Ha! We're proceedable now and viewed that one a couple of weeks back :D

DH needs a workshop and liked the idea of the bunker. The land is fab, but the house is too small for [STRIKE]our ridiculous quantities of stuff[/STRIKE] us and we really don't want to go through building another extension.

Also, the Mansell Davies hub nearby was a deal-breaker for us :o

Apparently no-one famous lived there, btw.....
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    rebs wrote: »
    There is a drop down on 'property type' where you can specify detached properties. That's on the desktop webpage version - not sure on mobile versions, but I expect they have similar.

The option is also there on the mobile version but it's less flexible in that you can only select one criteria at a time, eg on the mobile site you can search for detached only but on the desktop site you can search for detached and semi simultaneously.
  • Dandie89
    Dandie89 Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63506915.html
    Here's an owner very fond of the bidet :) and all so very handy.
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dandie89 wrote: »

It looks like those had been tiny en-suites, but someone removed the walls! :rotfl:
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dandie89 wrote: »

But where's the toilets? Or do you think they just s**t in the bidets? :eek:
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »

Maybe it's like when Blackadder tried to sell his house?

https://twitter.com/BlackadderQtes/status/567714873501839361
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »
    There are two toilets on the plan, but that's less than the number of bidets.

So, more questions than answers.

Bit close to the student halls anyway!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ha! We're proceedable now and viewed that one a couple of weeks back :D.
    Oh, well done! :T:beer::j
    It's the sort of place that could have interested me too....a few years ago. No more extensions for me either!:rotfl:
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This property is being marketed to over 60's only - the price given is for a 69-year old male. So the decor is a bit off:
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61888777.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport