PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wort wrote: »
    Wednesday - sounds like time to send the squad in- claws at the ready !!:whistle:

I used to have 7 cats at one point a few years ago and I'm sure that a few of them would have kept any mice away. The 3 cats I have left now are quite dopey and clueless. I don't think any of them have ever caught anything!:rotfl:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lunch is burger in a big toasted roll, with chips. Splash of ketchup :)
    Quick, easy .... tasty.
    I thought burgers were "summer food", but they're great when it's snowy too :)
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think even a dopey, clueless cat let loose in that attic would leave enough smell to deter the mice. But a Jack Russell would be even better.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    I get "invaded" by field mice every winter and did so even when I had the pooch....:( They come in out of the cold but thankfully don't seem to want to invade cupboards etc.:) There have been no signs for a few weeks now so they've either gone off Nutella or the fact that next door's cat is a frequent visitor is deterring them;)

It's beautifully bright & sunny here but still absolutely baltic, that said I think today/tonight is supposed to be the last of the sub zero weather as it's forcast to to milder & wet as the week goes on!

My oomph returned briefly this morning though is now MIA again, it did return for long enough to let me get my hair washed, change my bed and have a trundle round the block but I suspect my meds will be increased again when I'm back at the Drs tomorrow.:(

I was slicing the gammon cooked yesterday when my Dad arrived (I'm sure he's got radar :rotfl::rotfl:) so needless to say he's away with enough for a couple of days worth of sandwiches. :cool: I'm for a gammon & tomato sandwich for my lunch too:). I'm not sure about tonight, I won't want gammon again so need to have a freezer rake. Thankfully the joint wasn't huge so if I have it for lunch this week it will get used up without any difficulty.:) I have got some lovely stock from it so might make some soup or reduce and freeze it.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    just wanted to thank peeps for SC help.... I shall leave you to your lunches, they all sounds delish... esp. crumpets with choc spread!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I`ve been really busy all day today but managed to stick to my meal plan so far, making breadcrumbs, mixing them with lo pesto, using half on cod and freezing the rest

I have been sorting, again, in the kitchen, re-homed lots of good bakeware, tins, trays etc. I am doing my best to accommodate cooking for one after cooking for 5
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I did battle the CBA and nuked scrambled egg, on toast for lunch, and I thoroughly enjoyed it

Just the bed to fight now and my work is done, except heating up LO for dinner
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My cleaning is all done! The washing all dried just needs airing, smells lovely and fresh!
    I had hm broccoli soup and toast for lunch.
    My chicken and spicy potata bravas is in now.
    I can put my feet up and look at the beautiful sunshine and tidy house, job well done!
    Will have some cake and custard again after tea.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Still back in cba-land at the moment.

So it was muesli and fruit and some toast for lunch. But, as I know I'm feeling a bit that way at the moment, I took the precaution of "get out clause" time of buying some mexican spice burgers when in the health food shop today. So I guess that means dinner tonight is going to be one of those burgers, some potato wedges and I've got some spinach to use up (so reckon that will be steamed spinach with squeeze of lemon juice/drizzle of olive oil). Choice between fresh mango and fresh melon for afterwards.

Fitness for the day - was dance. So that was some exercise for the day:). Trying to psych myself up to think in terms of 2 exercise things per day of some description or another - whilst waiting for better weather for walks.

Still - can't be long before spring weather now and there was only the tiniest sprinkling of snow on the ground this morning (which is better than much of the country - including where I've come from and they've had the snowploughs out). So it coulda been worse...

Right - back to my reading - as I've got a lot of books to hand to read at the moment...
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The heated up LO pie + rosti spuds were ok. I don't think I'll get the pie again, tastes just fine, but it comes in a foil tray which of course springs a stab leak once you try and slice the pie. Very much a First World problem there, at least I have a pie to leak

Now stuck for tomorrow, no ideas, I hope L's has something to inspire in the morning
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback