PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Currently waiting to board the return ferry from Fishbourne after a truly lovely holibobs on the IOW. I won!!!8217;t feel like cooking tonight so it will be a simple pasta and salad affair (with wine).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I looked up 'Briam' it sounds delicious and I will most deifintely give it a go for us, thanks!

Lunch for us today will be beans on toast with poached egg and supper tonight in this heat is going to be a tomatoey vegetable stew with fresh soya beans in on a savoury onion rice base. Blackberry crumble with digestive biscuit crush topping after that and a cup of coffee to finish.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 July 2018 at 3:43PM
    Options
    CJ Glad you enjoyed your holiday here, with this fab weather it's like being on the Med :)

I have been stuck in an office this morning, with little air, talking a load of old cobblers (work meeting) with colleagues, I am not in the mood for complicated tonight, so will be simply fried steak and salad, sauteed new potatoes for DH - DS is at work tonight with a HM 'ping' meal of chilli and rice.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • maisymoo5
    maisymoo5 Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I too had to look up what briam was. Looks tasty.

Saturday we had cheese and salad fajitas, Sunday was a delicious roast dinner at a friend's house and tonight we are having some burgers which need eating up (we don't like them but cannot bare to waste them so are working our way though them slowly. These will be heavily masked with cheese and a bun (mine with salad) and some oven chips. Nothing exciting but maybe a glass of wine.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Yes, quite a few threads were deleted - they think it might have been caused by people hitting the :spam: button by mistake, resulting in automatic deletion of the thread with no chance of restoring it.
    I think there's still a sticky at the top of this board about it.

Thanks I'll have a read

Tonight cod steaks, kale, peas, either rice or potatoes and gravy for OH
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Yesterday I had a stupidly early start and a race in the Big Smoke (which was a little on the warm side to say the least) Celebrations of not totally wilting were done via a post race burger and 'dinner' at about 9pm was a bowl of supernoodles.

Dinner tonight is a Ristorante pizza - supposed to be a mushroom one but seems to have a distinct lack of aforementioned 'shrooms compared to usual - production cost reductions no doubt.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We had a light lunch at a NT cafe after a great walk around the large walled garden, so this evening ham & tomato sandwich for OH and the same on oatcakes for me. Sneaky custard tart with a cuppa when we got home, so sort of had pudding first:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    On my own today but with Maisie dog's company so lunch be avocado on toast which is one of my favourite things and supper this evening will be a roasted chicken thigh stuffed with low fat sausage meat and wrapped in bacon with some new potatoes and a nice crisp salad treat for the day will be NOT having blackberries for pudding just my cup of coffee!
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I just cant get away with avocado, when people have avo and egg on toast – I prefer my poached eggs without the avo! :(
    So last night I had the chicken kiev with rice and sweetcorn, todays salad is ready to rock for lunch and nothing planned for dins as we are out. I had a couple of slices of fruit toast for breakfast, nice for a change :cool:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Got some curried chicken skewers out the freezer last night so I'm going to have those with new pots and runner beans.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport