IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Back In June Of Last Year Now Resulting In Court

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And say what exactly? Just explain my situation?
    Ask them if your AoS has been accepted.

If the answer is 'yes', then of course carry on compiling your Defence.

If the answer is 'no', you may as well ask them if the Claimant has sought a Default Judgement yet.

Again if the answer is 'no' you would be wise to file an AoS immediately by email to the CCBCAQ email address I posted earlier.
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    Just rang up and my AoS has been accepted and she said as it is a bank holiday I have until 4pm on the 23rd to send it.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...she said as it is a bank holiday I have until 4pm on the 23rd to send it.
    Yes, that's what I wrote yesterday in post #13 above. ;)
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    Hi, I have looked through post #2 on the NEWBIE thread and I am having a hard time on which thread applies to my situation and what Defence I should use?

Sorry to be a pain, just never done this before and want to make sure I get it right. Bit confused on what I do next.

Cheers.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You overstayed your welcome, so you probably need to use a defence that you were a customer of Starbucks, the signs were inadequate and you put the claimant to strict proof that they have permission and authority to chase you for payment. Choose one of Bargepole's concisely written defences that contains at least those points and add others that refute whatever the claimant is claiming in the POC. If there are insufficient details in the POC, use that as a defence point as well.
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    I overstayed my welcome so how can I even begin to defend that? I'm really struggling to come up with anything at the moment.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    on the grounds mentioned in the previous post , that the time allowed isnt adequate , genuine customer , no landowner authority , poor and inadequate signage , inadequate POC , all the usual legal points

here is what CM said recently
    most people can use bargepole's concise template defence from the NEWBIES thread, and add in a point or two about the facts of the case/contravention/why they are not liable.
    And a point about no landowner authority as seen in other defences.

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    I overstayed my welcome so how can I even begin to defend that? I'm really struggling to come up with anything at the moment.

Have you seen the suggestions given you in #26??
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    on the grounds mentioned in the previous post , that the time allowed isnt adequate , genuine customer , no landowner authority , poor and inadequate signage , inadequate POC , all the usual legal points

here is what CM said recently
    Thanks for the reply? Where is this template? I can't seem to find it in the Newbies thread, not sure which is the right one.
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    You overstayed your welcome, so you probably need to use a defence that you were a customer of Starbucks, the signs were inadequate and you put the claimant to strict proof that they have permission and authority to chase you for payment. Choose one of Bargepole's concisely written defences that contains at least those points and add others that refute whatever the claimant is claiming in the POC. If there are insufficient details in the POC, use that as a defence point as well.

Thanks, I think I'm just finding it hard putting it in the right way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure