IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Back In June Of Last Year Now Resulting In Court

Options

Comments

• BeadyRoller
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    I'm guessing that is the issue date of the parking ticket. It's the issue date of the court claim we need.

Sorry about that! The issue date on the claim form is 20th March 2019.
    Redx wrote: »
    agreed , you were asked for the DATE OF ISSUE on the claim form, not the original pcn , so the one on your N1 form (a recent date)

you email your MP, they all have them

The issue date is 20th March 2019.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 April 2019 at 6:38PM
    Options
    The issue date on the claim form is 20th March 2019.
    With a Claim Issue Date of 20th March, you had until Monday 8th April to do the Acknowledgement of Service.

Hopefully you did the AoS by that date. Please confirm.

If you have not yet done the AoS, then do it now - immediately - although you may already be too late.

To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. About ten minutes work - no thinking required.

Having done the AoS, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 to file your Defence.

That's over a week away. Loads of time to produce a Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to keep you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    With a Claim Issue Date of 20th March, you had until Monday 8th April to do the Acknowledgement of Service.

If you have not yet done the AoS, then do it now - immediately - although you may already be too late.

To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of . About ten minutes work - no thinking required.

Having done the AoS, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 to file your Defence.

That's over a week away. Loads of time to produce a Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to keep you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or, and then re-read post #2 of to find out exactly what to do with it.

I did do the AoS but I never received any confirmation by email or anything to let me know it was accepted and now cannot seem to log back in to my account on MCOL, it wont let me reset my password, it just keeps taking me back to the homepage, very frustrating. I have my ID but cannot for the life of me remember what password I put in.

How should I produce a Defence? I guess that's all in the sticky thread?

Thanks for your help.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What do I do next? I am at a loss now, do I just need to pay up
    No. The NEWBIES thread tells you what to do.

Guess what? If you'd come here when you got the PCN and sent the template appeal CEL would have cancelled the charge...

Now you are playing catch up, but it can be done. Please read the 2nd post of the sticky thread.

:eek:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No. The NEWBIES thread tells you what to do.

Guess what? If you'd come here when you got the PCN and sent the template appeal CEL would have cancelled the charge...

Now you are playing catch up, but it can be done. Please read the 2nd post of the sticky thread.

:eek:

Yep, wish I had done that now but what's done is done. Just hope I can get out of this mess.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Done the AOS?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Done the AOS?

I did do the AoS but I never received any confirmation by email or anything to let me know it was accepted and now cannot seem to log back in to my account on MCOL, it wont let me reset my password, it just keeps taking me back to the homepage, very frustrating. I have my ID but cannot for the life of me remember what password I put in.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Phone the Northampton CCBC in the morning, the earlier you start (Office hours) the faster you might get through. Prepare yourself for a lengthy wait, it’s manic most times.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BeadyRoller
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Phone the Northampton CCBC in the morning, the earlier you start (Office hours) the faster you might get through. Prepare yourself for a lengthy wait, it’s manic most times.

And say what exactly? Just explain my situation?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How should I produce a Defence? I guess that's all in the sticky thread?
    Full guidance on how to produce a Defence is, as you've guessed, in the NEWBIES thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure