Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely my prescription in some way belongs to me...
    Yes, and you have lost it.

...and I can buy glasses from wherever I please?
    Yes.

...there was no way I was getting to know my prescription unless I parted with some money in one way or another.
    Look upon it as a fee for supplying a duplicate copy of your prescription. :D
  • Retrovertigo
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Yes, and you have lost it.

Yes.

Look upon it as a fee for supplying a duplicate copy of your prescription. :D

Oh yeah, like when you go to the doctors and have to pay them for your prescription? :T
  • jaynerb
    Options
    I have had 3 eye tests since April 2012, each different. I spent months wearing the wrong prescription after the second test as Specsavers assured me that I just needed to get used to the glasses. Eventually I went elsewhere to have another test and the prescription was completely wrong!! I had been driving my car for months, not being able to see properly!! I have spent a fortune as after complaining I got a pathetic discount from specsavers on the next glasses. I got them home, only to find a chip in one lens. I was assured a replacement had been ordered urgently. I was supposed to collect it today, three phonecalls later, and guess what???? No lens!!!
  • wealdroam
    Options
    jaynerb wrote: »
    I have had 3 eye tests since April 2012, each different. I spent months wearing the wrong prescription after the second test as Specsavers assured me that I just needed to get used to the glasses. Eventually I went elsewhere to have another test and the prescription was completely wrong!! I had been driving my car for months, not being able to see properly!! I have spent a fortune as after complaining I got a pathetic discount from specsavers on the next glasses. I got them home, only to find a chip in one lens. I was assured a replacement had been ordered urgently. I was supposed to collect it today, three phonecalls later, and guess what???? No lens!!!
    And what is your question?
  • EzzieD
    Options
    Specsavers have become TERRIBLE. I agree with everyone here - I've been using them for nearly 10 years! There's obviously been a shift in management or cost-cutting going on, sacking good staff etc... went into a branch in East London today for an eye-test appointment only to be told the wait was up to an hour - when I asked why, they said because they were taking "walk in bookings" from people just walking in!!?? What the hell is the point of having appointments? They also lost all my records - I too am diabetic, and staff asked me to prove it, wanting a letter from my doctors etc...

I've been going there for years, it was always mostly the same staff etc and today I recognised NO ONE. They were mostly idiots it seemed - I was asked my date of birth, gave it and clearly saw two customer names come up on the screen, one first was a woman's name (a Dorothy something or another) the second one was me - guess what this complete !!!! asked? Yep "are you
    Dorothy xxxxx" or "xxxx xxxx"

Spec Savers have turned in to Dosh Savers, clearly cutting corners and employing underpaid morons.

Me and my misses will be going to Boots now...

It's quite clear, I give Spec Savers a few more years to join Comet, HMV, Woolworth etc... in the 'forget about customers' attitude and 'just make money'... 'oh, wait - damn, it's the customers who bring in the money, without them we'll go down the pan...' oops too late...

So many of these companies really are forgetting why they exist in the first place.
  • wealdroam
    Options
    EzzieD wrote: »
    Me and my misses will be going to Boots now...
    Of course you, as consumers, have a right to do that.

Is there anything else in your post about consumer rights?
  • xcaliber64
    Options
    Get this, I was banned :( from my local SPECSAVERS store in HIGH WYCOMBE in 2010 because I asked for a refund as I couldn't see clearly with my new glasses e.g. they made them incorrectly!

Then when I went back last week (March 2013), after spending nearly an hour choosing two new frames, I was publically embarrased by a member of staff who informed (In front of other customers) that "There is a note on our system that you are not to be served." Can you believe it? Just because they made a mistake making my glasses and I asked for a refund so I could go and get them elsewhere, they banned me! And apparently, as they are independent franchises, I have no right to challenge this. Almost 3 years later they will still not serve me!!
    I now have to travel to the Uxbridge store (14 miles away) to get mine, my wifes, and my daughters glasses! The Uxbridge store, by the way, are great! :T
    THE WORD IS SPREADING SPECSAVERS! We will not put up with customer service like this. Your franchisees are destroying your good name!!

I Will not let this go, I will pursue Specsavers High Wycombe for a full appology!!
  • wealdroam
    Options
    xcaliber64 wrote: »
    Get this, I was banned :( from my local SPECSAVERS store in HIGH WYCOMBE in 2010 because I asked for a refund as I couldn't see clearly with my new glasses e.g. they made them incorrectly!

Then when I went back last week (March 2013), after spending nearly an hour choosing two new frames, I was publically embarrased by a member of staff who informed (In front of other customers) that "There is a note on our system that you are not to be served." Can you believe it? Just because they made a mistake making my glasses and I asked for a refund so I could go and get them elsewhere, they banned me! And apparently, as they are independent franchises, I have no right to challenge this. Almost 3 years later they will still not serve me!!
    I now have to travel to the Uxbridge store (14 miles away) to get mine, my wifes, and my daughters glasses! The Uxbridge store, by the way, are great! :T
    THE WORD IS SPREADING SPECSAVERS! We will not put up with customer service like this. Your franchisees are destroying your good name!!

I Will not let this go, I will pursue Specsavers High Wycombe for a full appology!!
    I am struggling to understand why you returned to Specsavers after having been treated badly before.

Are there really no other opticians in High Wycombe?

Why do you have to travel to Uxbridge?
  • webbscatering
    Options
    My good lady went to the local branch of spec savers in Yate Bristol to whom I have been a customer for over 10 years, all she wanted to do was have two new nose pieces put in. The little upstart said to my wife that I did not purchase the glasses from them therefore they were not going to fix them, my wife ensured that I did indeed purchase the specs from them. The upstart implied that they do not sell Kangol frame glasses and there is no history of them ever selling these specs.
    My rant is I purchased these glasses from Specsavers before they moved premises from accross the road and I had paid over £150 for the frames some 10 years ago, when they did sell these frames. In 2007 I had the very same argument with the sales assistant who was trying to sell me new frames for my new lenses I told him no chance just put the lenses in my Kangol frames which he was reluctant to do but realised he was near to death if he did not do what I asked. Today I have spoken to a delinquent whom I believe is younger than my frames who proceeded to tell me there was no history of my frames, I asked him was he aware that they once had a shop across the road that once stocked them. So now I am told they do not stock generic nose pieces for my specs also they will not re-glaze them as they no longer stock these specs. They will only repair glasses that they have in stock! I asked when do the new range come in? once a year he replied. So if I have to have new nose pieces or lenses I now have to buy a complete new set of specs that last only a year should they break.

What I would like is the email or address of the CEO that has the pleasure of managing these monkeys
    Many Thanks

Webby

:j Won Against Natwest 4.5k, LLoyds 13K, Virgin Media £150 :beer:
  • wealdroam
    Options
    My good lady went to the local branch of spec savers in Yate Bristol ...
    <snip>
    What a rude post.

Have you no respect for others?

Search the internet.
    The information you 'want' is out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure