Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The cabinet looks nice, but makes the £20 radiator £85

Agreed very expensive - perhaps Fischer will price-match;)
  • mumf
    mumf Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I never understood radiator cabinets.They were a 90's 'Changing Rooms ' thing as I recall.Surely they prevent heat escaping and rising? And the MDF? - It is what they always used- must absorb some heat?
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    mumf wrote: »
    I never understood radiator cabinets.They were a 90's 'Changing Rooms ' thing as I recall.Surely they prevent heat escaping and rising? And the MDF? - It is what they always used- must absorb some heat?

You could similarly argue that the metal casing of the radiator absorbs some heat from the water.;)

Any restriction near the radiator, be it a cabinet or some furniture, will affect the distribution of the heat, but all heat produced by the radiator will end up warming the room. Heat absorbed by a cabinet, made of any material, will still be released into the room. Similarly if your oven uses 1kWh to cook food, that heat eventually will be released into a room.
  • Apoorwoman
    Apoorwoman Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My neighbour has been refunded her £6,000 deposit in full :D

It hasn't been easy, ringing every day and being fobbed off - 'lady that does the refunds is on holiday for two weeks - is off sick' etc., etc. But she persisted.

A lesson learned I think. I have always considered my neighbour to be pretty savvy and even she can't come to terms with how she was so gullible.

So thank you all for your help and advice.
  • David_Aston
    Options
    Green age,
    And the cost of Fischer?
    Are they "money saving" value?
  • reck_uk
    reck_uk Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Fischer
    While the products themselves seem decent enough....

:eek: Really! Very concerning seeing an organisation post something like that about Fischer. You only have to look at this one thread to see the problems with them.

They've been caught out multiple times being misleading to their potential customers and the prices they charge are astronomical.

How can you justify saying they are "decent enough"?

Their product would be decent if they were honest about what they are and what they can achieve and they supplied them at a reasonable price.
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2018 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Could cost anything between £1500-£2500 per heater. The price is quoted high then knocked down to make it look like you are getting a deal. The recent reviews on Trustpilot only confirm the company installers are doing a good job. Fischer does not have genuine reviews on it's running cost nor are their customers invited to leave reviews on it's running cost. Thats why soon after installation customers are persuaded to leave reviews. While the previous reviews on Trustpilot are mainly FAKE and not left by genuine customers.:naughty:
  • xinstaller
    Options
    Expect to be quoted in excess of £2500 per heater then knocked down to £2000 for heater that will almost double your heating bills. There are no reviews of the operating cost of these heaters. The reviews you are forced to read on TRUSTPILOT mainly confirm that the installers arrived on time and cleaned up after them. :T. Its about time Fischer future heat invites its customers to leave genuine reviews, instead of excuses excuses:( .

Fake witness at sham marriages must be held to account
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Any restriction near the radiator, be it a cabinet or some furniture, will affect the distribution of the heat, but all heat produced by the radiator will end up warming the room. Heat absorbed by a cabinet, made of any material, will still be released into the room. Similarly if your oven uses 1kWh to cook food, that heat eventually will be released into a room.
    Good old physics.;)
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It should also be noted that Economy 7/Economy 10 relies on base load energy generation, which is maintained by technologies being rapidly overtaken in the UK by newer, renewable sources. Therefore the tariff basis on which a storage heater saves money may, in a few years time, cease to be an option.
    It wont cease to be an option, It'll likely be taken over by more variable 'Time Of Use' tariffs.

Night storage equipment is already capable of accepting a charge at any time, so it'll take a charge whenever the circuit is energised. Electric co's will likely make use of excess green generation in the future by dumping it in customers NSH's when needed.

Newer NSH's are also designed to take charge in this way and will manage a variable supply more effectively.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback