PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMG!! I!!!8217;m sure it!!!8217;s rare but wow that is scary...
  • Beetlejuice01
    Options

I exchanged today! Can't believe how quick it's been, due to complete next Friday then I will feel safe to celebrate! :beer:
  • Asl77c
    Asl77c Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Finally completed yesterday. Was a long old day but now in the new house. It feels strange but also good. In time will become home though! Dont have any complaints about my experience thankfully, it was all pretty smooth and just happy for it to be done. Good luck to everyone else
  • HanSh
    Options
    Helppppp!!! Anyone advice is needed.

So I’m selling my property no upward chain to a first time buyer.
    House was valued by estate agents and sale was agreed upon within a week of it going on the market with lots of interest.
    So house was sold Stc on 5/2/18.
    Solicitors engaged by both parties...
    forms filled paperwork signed. By the middle of Feb..
    then the waiting game...
    survey done by the buyers solicitors on 13/3/18
    Then nothing...... no contact from estate agent my solicitor wasn’t getting much back from the buyers apart from that they were awaiting a mortgage offer. Then today BAM! Big slap in the face
    The buyers lender has valued the property at way less than the agreed sale price it’s about 20% less!!! So now it’s on the verge of falling through but it all feels a little strange!
    My estate agent has said the delay was because the buyer changed lenders TWICE, the valuation I received was from the estate agent via the buyer herself not through the solicitors and it is dated the 10/4/18 so what happened to the original survey on the 13/3/18? I was also not told any of this until today a whole month after the original survey! Which I don’t know the outcome of! Does anyone have any experience of this?
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks
  • lena_halo
    Options
    So annoyed - shower has broken in the en suite :mad:

The flat is sold but not exchanged yet so I feel I'm obligated to replace it. Really didn't want to be spending more money on the flat since we are also buying our house :mad:

A few people have said don't bother but as my flat is shared ownership, I've met my buyer a few times and she's a nice girl, FTB, starting out on her own and I just couldn't do that to her! Aqualisa wanted £200 for the part and engineer to fit it :eek: But I've managed to find a handyman who can fit it for £40 and I've bought the part from Aqualisa for £80

Bit of an annoying expense at this stage!! :( Definitely feel obligated to fix it though - would be horrible for my buyer to move in and not have a working shower. Plus she is really nice and we are in regular contact. One thing about selling a shared ownership property is that you have to do everything yourself - from taking the photos to writing the description of the property and doing all of the viewings, so the good thing is you get to know your buyer. The bad thing is that the HA are charging me just over £1000 on completion just for doing their little admin bit!! Oh well, what can you do?!
  • T90FER
    T90FER Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Finally - some good news
    We have exchanged!! Completion this Friday.

Start to finish
    House Marketed 28/1
    STC 29/1
    Offer accepted on new purchase 13/2
    Completion 20/4 :beer:
  • lena_halo
    Options
    Congratulations! Enjoy it :)
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 April 2018 at 7:54PM
    Options
    Hi all!

Well, I've been offline for two months - and blooming BT still haven't got us connected (no landline yet either!) - the joys of rural living, lol :rotfl:

Everyone on this thread is new and I wish you all well with your moving stories......also to those who moved around the same time as us (mid Feb), I hope you're all settling in :)

We moved into our non-listed 400 year old rural Welsh repossession with majority of our stuff in three huge storage units up in the West Midlands where most of it still remains! We've done a few small van loads - bed, sofa, tv, garden furniture and lots of boxes - and a huge lorry load containing all our potted plants, garden tools, garden statuary etc. We're down to two storage units, due to reduce to one in a couple of weeks and we collect another mega load on Friday.

Already we've made some progress - had a borehole drilled (gosh, what a mess!) as the cottage had no water supply, wood burners/multi fuel stoves fitted (wonderful!), kitchen partially ripped out, started decorating and planting the main garden. Have also landscaped the courtyard that is surrounded by 400 year old walls. We await structural calculations for internal wall removal as we are reconfiguring the rooms ;)

We need to tackle the land, but weather has frequently been wet. This hasn't dampened our enthusiasm and we are absolutely loving living in S W Wales, not least because I get to walk the dogs on several miles of sandy beach once a week......yay!

GL with your moves and a speedy exchange to all x
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • notanotherknot
    Options
    lena_halo wrote: »
    What a PITA notanotherknot!!!
    We've only just started and I'm already stating I'm never moving again! I dread to think of the stresses to come!!!

Indeed, Im hoping to never move again or if we do theres no blooming chain involved!!
  • notanotherknot
    Options
    Things are moving! We had confirmation on Tuesday that the Deed of Surrender had been accepted by Land Registry so I asked about pushing for exchange asap. The solicitors said probably next Friday and everyone in the chain said no push for this week if it can be done.

We sent the fees and deposit over yesterday morning, Natwest have been asked to release the mortgage funds and providing they are available for tomorrow we will be exchanging contracts tomorrow! If all goes to plan then we will exchange and complete the same day, probably have confirmation of that today.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback