2020 Keep Moving Challenge

Options
Well let's do this again this year, I've started the year like I did last year with 2 parkruns on NYD. I've signed up for RED too. Aimin for over 2000 miles in general activity and ideally 1000km in running, exercise etc.

Comments

• lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd like to join for this year if possible. My fitbit won't sync to my phone any more, not sure if it's a phone problem or a fitbit problem, so I'll try to fix it, but I do have an activity tracker in my phone so I'll try to use that instead.

My plans this year are to be active 4 days a week, be that gym, walking, yoga or horse riding as these are my main go-to's. In terms of horse riding I ride once a week and would like to ride 200km throughout the year and also school once a month.

Am hoping this challenge will keep me on the straight and narrow and hold me accountable.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • angela110660
    Options
    Hi re the fitbit sync have you updated the app on your phone as this might be a prob. Just a thought.
    I am going to be much fitter this year - I am currently doing Couch to 5k at the gym and am into week 6. Have never been able to run but actually did 20 mins straight off a couple of days ago! So pleased and the app is amazing - considering I am no spring chicken! Also doing RPM bike classes, weights class and aqua each week. Think this is deffo my year to achieve. Good luck to all in any endeavours.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi re the fitbit sync have you updated the app on your phone as this might be a prob. Just a thought.
    I am going to be much fitter this year - I am currently doing Couch to 5k at the gym and am into week 6. Have never been able to run but actually did 20 mins straight off a couple of days ago! So pleased and the app is amazing - considering I am no spring chicken! Also doing RPM bike classes, weights class and aqua each week. Think this is deffo my year to achieve. Good luck to all in any endeavours.

Thanks I'll check that out!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gym session tonight, 30 minutes on the treadmill run/walk.
  • Barny1979
    Options
    RED #3 19km done so far :)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not settling any specific targets this year but will keep moving as much as I can by dog walks, Nordic walking and walking wherever possible instead of taking car but I do live right out in the countryside. Have also set up a standing desk for work.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Barny1979
    Options
    RED #5 29km done so far. 30 mins on treadmill this afternoon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stats for week just gone
    48,802 total steps
    5 days active
    4hr 19 mins
    Mostly walking plus a swim
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Standing desk going well. Have been dog walking, Nordic walking and dancing since my last post. Tried a new walking group today but it's not for me - too slow. However, I met new people and now have details of other groups to try.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Barny1979
    Options
    First C25K tonight :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts